FXCM hmmmmmmm.

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Girlpower, Jul 22, 2003.

1. It wasn't a serious suggestion of something to do, more an illustration of what can be done when things get seriously out of synch to make a point. I am aware of the pitfalls costs involved and mechanisms.

We used to buy and sell dual listed stocks all the time to take out the differential in pricing. large volume, low costs, small differences.

Best

Natalie

#141     Aug 9, 2003
  2. Interesting suggestion and in theory you can do it, but many pittfall could meet as:

Saxo seem support in/out in many currencies, but few FX brokers allow it! You can put them in 3 class
    i) in/out as Saxo but as mentioned few FX are in this class
    ii) some major currencies (usually not exceeding 3 choices) for your in, but only out in U$ usually, sometime you can out in EUR but you have to choose your base currency account (as IB do for stock account) and out in your currency base of your account
    iii) only U$ for the most of them.

Some exception exist for the case ii, but few FX give you the possibility of multiple currency for your out, and when it is available, your choice is very limited. I have discussed with many of them, some of them have plan in near future for to allow multiple in/out in many currencies, but no estimated time for it. When this will be available, your tatic could be apply in theory.

#142     Aug 11, 2003
  3. WinSum

WinSum

Thx for helping me think it through.

:D

#143     Aug 11, 2003
  4. You're welcome, if these information that I have collected could help you. I have do this search because I have the problem to convert my Canadian currency in U$ currency and this is alway a problem if you convert a lot of money. I have exam FX for to hedge my currency on my U$ account, but also for to do a conversion at a better price than the banks. The only service that I have find at good price is XE.com (under 20 PIPS again 210 PIPS for the most banks), the most of FX brokers not very usefull for do that. If you are in Euro, you have some choice that you cannot have with smaller currency as the CD$. I will do some additional search for better solution.

#144     Aug 12, 2003