FXCM Discussion

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Jason Rogers, May 5, 2011.

1. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi paulcai,

Thanks for your questions.

The only CFD's available through FXCM Asia are gold and silver. In order to trade stock indices and commodities, you would need to open through FXCM UK or FXCM Australia. Are there any CFDs in particular you were looking to trade?

Regarding the USD/RUB, EUR/HUF, and USD/HUF pairs...I'm checking on this for you and will let you know once I find out.

Cheers,

Jason

#51     Dec 7, 2011
  2. paulcai

paulcai

The CFDs I'm interested in are oil and copper. I hope they will be incorporated into the HK platform soon.

Regarding the UK account, I find it a bit strange that non-UK residents are required to deposit USD funds into a bank not located in UK. In my understanding, funds should be kept in a segregated account with a UK bank.

#52     Dec 8, 2011
  3. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi paulcai,

Regarding your earlier question on the USD/RUB, EUR/HUF, and USD/HUF currency pairs, they are available in a live account through Click here to visit Elite Trader's forums FXCM Asia (Hong Kong).

FXCM works with large international banks, and in multiple cases we will allow traders to send funds to a bank we work with in their home country to cut down on international wire fees. Accounts with FXCM are segregated in accordance with FSA regulations and the account through which you send funds to FXCM UK does not impact this since the accounts are with FXCM UK.

Thanks for the suggestions about the oil and copper CFD's. I will certainly pass this to the HK team so they are aware.

All the best!

Jason

#53     Dec 8, 2011
  4. ..................................

J,

sorry about that...........is this pic better......?

s

#54     Dec 19, 2011
  5. " what is the number one mistake forex traders make.........."

J,

you don't really want an answer to this.......:)

cheers,

s

#55     Dec 19, 2011
  6. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi shopster,

The demo you're using is an old demo from BT with the 3rd party bridge. You'll remember from a previous post I mentioned FXCM has launched a new MT4 that integrates seamlessly with our No Dealing Desk forex execution. The new integration also includes demo accounts which will provide better charting data.

Here's where you can register the new demo http://bit.ly/hoe6B0 and I think you'll find it much better than the old setup. Take a look at the attachment and you'll notice the difference, also previously mentioned last week regarding the 1 minute GBP/USD chart.

I look forward to hearing any feedback you have about the new MT4 demos.

Jason

#56     Dec 19, 2011
  7. J,

why are " exisitng live acounts " still running off this old bt data feed..........?

pls advise.

s

#57     Dec 19, 2011
  8. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi shopster,

While there may be gaps on your old demo account, this will not impact execution on existing live accounts. As mentioned previously, FXCM accounts are being transitioned to FXCM’s new seamless integration over the upcoming weeks (some have already been transferred) and you will receive email notification when it is time for your live account to transfer. Demos have already been released and the new version of MT4 can be downloaded here FXCM US & FXCM UK

-Jason

#58     Dec 20, 2011
  9. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

FXCM Holiday Hours

A special reminder that FXCM will have special holiday hours this weekend and next for both trading and customer support. Here's a list of the holiday hours (all times are Eastern New York time; +5 for GMT):

[​IMG]

I will be away from the forums through January 3rd so this will likely be my last post until then. If you need immediate assistance, please do not hesitate to contact FXCM customer support by phone, chat, or email, and I will reply to any unanswered questions once I get back. Thanks to everyone for visiting the thread in 2011, and I look forward to being back in 2012.

Happy Holidays!

Jason

#59     Dec 20, 2011
  10. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

FXCM has released a new platform for the iPad which can be found in the iTunes store and the Android market for Android tablets. In the weeks ahead, MT4 traders on the upgraded MT4 without the 3rd party bridge will be able to login to the mobile platform on their mobile device or tablet to access MT4 accounts.

We're hoping to add indicators and more charting options in the next app release, and please let us know any additional feedback you have about the new iPad and Android platform. Here are some screenshots of the app:

[​IMG]

#60     Jan 6, 2012