FXCM Discussion

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Jason Rogers, May 5, 2011.

1. one more.......same broker

1 min chart.........

s

:cool:

#41     Dec 3, 2011
  2. it is really annoying to see this still going on........

this is a spread screen off any mt4 server platform.

run the price
    open the spread with a flick of the wrist.
    blow out the stops, get some new pendings filled.
    then run price back the other way.

we all expect this from the clowns on cyprus and off the coast of africa , who were born as criminals and do not know better.

this is a real bucket shop mentality.

sadly.......
    the retail class action suit will not change anything.

cheers,

s

#42     Dec 3, 2011
  3. one more for the road.

lets play with the mt4 price bar on the server.

change the range of the bar so we can smoke retail.

same old.........

cheers,

s

• 5.gif
      File size:
      87.7 KB
      Views:
    #43     Dec 4, 2011
  4. paulcai

paulcai

Shopster, it seems that you are using FXCM MT4. Any experience in using its Trade Station 2?

#44     Dec 5, 2011
  5. i have a small live account that is used for testing trading signals.

because the data is " massaged ..." , shall we say.......

it really is useless for trading.

there are a few other firms on the planet who provide a true and proper feed to mt4 and do not play games.

if data on a 1 min. chart does not flow freely, it is a bucket shop.

s

#45     Dec 5, 2011
  6. all mt4 client account numbers show up on the broker's server and % of margin used is updated by the second.

if a trader gets over leveraged, they can blow you out......
    and own your account.

now you know.

watch your six.

s

• 3.gif
      File size:
      76.3 KB
      Views:
    #46     Dec 6, 2011
  7. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi shopster,

I can understand your frustration with the chart data not updating properly during this time period on MT4, and I do apologize over any incovenience this caused with your analysis. While chart data did not update properly during this time, it did not impact trading execution. You may have received an email over the past week mentioning a new improved faster MT4. FXCM has upgraded its MT4 platform to integrate seamlessly with our No Dealing Desk forex execution which means there is no longer a need for a 3rd party bridge.

Not having a 3rd party bridge will increase execution speed and should provide better charting data without any issues you mentioned from your screenshot. For example, attached is a comparison of the chart difference between the previous MT4 with the 3rd party bridge and the current MT4 setup integrated seamlessly with FXCM.

In addition to faster execution and more robust data, the new MT4 platform has additional capabilities such as:

Partial Close: previously you could only close the entire ticket
    Set SL/TP Pre-Execution: stop and take profit orders can be set while opening a new trade
    More Exotic Currency Pairs: such as USD/ZAR, USD/SGD, USD/HKD, SGD/JPY, USD/TRY, EUR/TRY, USD/RUB, EUR/HUF, USD/HUF

The new MT4 setup without the 3rd party bridge continues to use FXCM's No Dealing Desk forex execution which eliminates the conflict of interest between broker and client. More information on the new MT4 platform can be found here http://www.fxcm.com/****trader.jsp and demos should be available shortly.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to help.

-Jason

#47     Dec 7, 2011
  8. paulcai

paulcai

hi Jason, I'm testing your FXCM Asia (Hong Kong) trade station II now. It seems to me that Hong Kong account does not have such currency pairs as USD/RUB, EUR/HUF, USD/HUF. Can you introduce them into the Hong Kong platform?

And the Hong Kong platform does not have CFDs, either. Possible to include them, too?

#48     Dec 7, 2011
  9. Jason,

todays cable move.

where is the liquidity.....?

fxcm 1 min chart.

euro session in the blue box
    ny in red

s

#49     Dec 7, 2011
  10. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

You may want to double check your charts next time. You posted a chart from another broker. Look at the broker name at the bottom left hand corner of the chart...Collective FX?

Attached is the 1 minute GBP/USD chart from FXCM's MT4.

#50     Dec 7, 2011