FXCM Discussion

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Jason Rogers, May 5, 2011.

1. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

The latest FXCM Trading Station II platform is available now! We’ve added Fractional pip pricing on market range orders, more intuitive charting, more Fibonacci tools, improved strategy backtesting and optimization, and trading in GBP/Point (or currency/point).

To install the latest version of Trading Station Desktop, visit one of the following links: FXCM US | FXCM UK | FXCM Australia

If you would like to wait, the latest Trading Station II will automatically update when you login on Sunday, Nov. 20.

Fractional Pip Pricing on Market Range Orders
    Increased price control and more precise execution.
    [​IMG]

Line Studies and Chart Elements
    A better way to add lines.
    [​IMG]

Fibonacci Tools
    Increased Fibonacci studies.
    [​IMG]

Strategy Backtesting and Optimization
    Integrated right into the platform.
    [​IMG]

GBP/Point Trading
    More ways to select trade size. *Note - this feature is primarily for our UK spread betting traders, however every account can trade in Currency/Point. For example, USD accounts can trade in USD/Point to select trade size based on the per pip USD value.
    [​IMG]

And More…
    For example, if you’re looking for a specific indicator, you can now search for Indicators in the Add Indicator window.

If you don’t have an FXCM account, you can register for a demo account to try the new features.

#31     Nov 14, 2011
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Will criticism be allowed here? I have used the platform about 6+ years ago, and had quite a few issues with it (non technical).

#32     Nov 14, 2011
  3. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi RedDuke,

Yes, If you have feedback, we want to hear it. We're taking client recommendations now for the early 2012 Trading Station. What changes would you like to see to the Trading Station?

Thanks!

- Jason

#33     Nov 15, 2011
  4. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi RedDuke,

I thought about your reply again and think you meant you haven't used the FXCM Trading Station in 6+ years. We've introduced a lot of upgrades to our platform over the past 6 years including trading from charts, advanced charting tools, fractional-pip pricing, a web based platform, and a mobile platform.

You can register for a demo account to try the platform again before providing feedback.

You can download the Desktop version at: http://www.fxcm.com/forex-software-download.jsp

Let me know what you think!

- Jason

#34     Nov 15, 2011
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Jason,

It was not a technical issue or functionality. The platform worked pretty good. My issue was a dealing desk, that would interrupt trading when ever someone traded short term and made money. I do understand, that you guys are almost always on the other side of a trade, but that behavior and few others is what made me look at futures. Did it change?

Thanks,
    redduke

#35     Nov 15, 2011
  6. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi RedDuke,

FXCM transitioned to No Dealing Desk (NDD / STP) execution starting in 2006 to remove the conflict of interest that would normally exist if a broker is acting directly as the market maker and can profit from your losses. FXCM's NDD execution allows you to trade any market conditions or strategy without dealer intervention or trading restrictions. You can scalp or trade however you want without a dealer or anyone intervening in your trades.

We get prices from 10+ liquidity providers which stream quotes and offer a certain amount of liquidity at each price. The price you see on the platform is the best bid and ask prices from our 10+ liquidity providers plus our mark-up (typically a pip). FXCM makes an identical amount of money in the form of pip markups (which are really commissions) regardless of whether the customer makes or loses money on a trade.

Once an order is placed, every order is immediately off-set with one of multiple liquidity providers at prices available from those liquidity providers, and a pip mark-up is paid on the transaction.

A dealing desk broker could possibly make more money by trading directly against their clients by going for more than the spread. From a business stand-point, this introduces more risk where you then have to be concerned with how they are managing their trading. If all of their traders begin to win, that could then result in larger losses for their business.

FXCM's goal is to have a fair and transparent system, and we have several videos to explain how NDD execution works at http://www.fxcm.com/fxcm-forex-execution.jsp

I know these concepts could be confusing, even for seasoned traders, so let me know if you have questions.

- Jason

#36     Nov 16, 2011
  7. paulcai

paulcai

I think NDD / STP is only for ACTIVE TRADER account holders? For standard & micro accounts, it is still market maker pattern. Right?

#37     Nov 22, 2011
  8. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi paulcai,

NDD forex execution applies to micro, standard and active trader accounts. It's not only for active trader accounts.

The difference between each account is in how the commission structure is setup. The micro and standard accounts have a pip mark-up added onto the spread received from the liquidity providers whereas the Active Trader accounts charge a separate commission and reduced spread mark-up. The goal of the active trader program is to reduce the overall transaction cost for high volume traders since our revenue for NDD forex execution is dependent on volume and not trader losses.

Jason

#38     Nov 29, 2011
  9. " FXCM transitioned to No Dealing Desk (NDD / STP) execution starting in 2006 to remove the conflict of interest that would normally exist if a broker is acting directly as the market maker and can profit from your losses. FXCM's NDD execution allows you to trade any market conditions or strategy without dealer intervention or trading restrictions.
    You can scalp or trade however you want without a dealer or anyone intervening in your trades......."

jason,

all FXCM bullshit.........

here are the pics from last wednesday.

fxcm shutdown / offline and freezing the server.

your bank liquidity is a farce.

there are holes all over your price feed for the rest of the week.

1 min chart.......... try trading thru this crap

my next 2 posts will show a 3 pip and 1 min chart from a true market trading environment.

but please, carry on with your scam.....

s

:cool:

#39     Dec 3, 2011
  10. now here is the real deal......no crap here.

you just trade thru with no issues.....

i can also trade without my rubber boots on.

3 pip chart.

s

:cool:

#40     Dec 3, 2011