FXCM blows up managed accounts

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by oraclewizard77, Jan 3, 2009.

Did FXCM blow out these accounts on purpose?

Poll closed Jan 6, 2009.
  1. Yes, once the account was large enough

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No, they just can't trade.

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. They are a bad forex broker too.

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  4. However they are a good forex broker.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ScapGF

ScapGF

Look, I am in no way defending losing money, but have you seen the returns of almost EVERY fund over the past 6 months?

#11     Jan 6, 2009
  2. talknet

talknet

Honestly speaking I do not have to, because my Forex Manager/Broker has paid profit of +176% for Year 2008. Whereas worldwide stocks markets have given loss of - 40% to - 70%. I had warned my friends that stock markets will crash anytime. There is no future for stock markets.

#12     Jan 6, 2009
  3. ScapGF

ScapGF

That last sentence is by far the most telling in terms of gauging your knowledge of investing.

You don't have to tell me about solid gains. I am up an almost triple digit percentage since July with very controlled risk from my own personal trading in currencies. But guess what? It doesn't really matter in the context of this discussion.

If you were to talk intelligently about overall expectation and outcomes you would realize that my gains and yours are completely out of the ordinary in terms of long term sustainability (with moderate risk).

Have you ever even looked at any metrics that measure aggregate returns for CTAs trading currency? Doubtful...

#13     Jan 6, 2009

4. what funds are those? risk structure trading?? please explain.

surf:eek:

#14     Jan 6, 2009
  5. Generally, I won't bash another poster, but talknet has been shilling his shit since his first post. +200% conservative! Crap.
    I just added to my ignore list.

#15     Jan 6, 2009
  6. talknet

talknet

The term "risk structure trading" is used for Forex trading. My Forex Manager/Broker trades with maximum risk of 5% per new trade (conservative risk structure).

Some forex managers have 3% - 4% risk structure.

I do not trade Forex so I have limited knowledge. My Forex manager manages investor's money.

#16     Jan 6, 2009
  7. talknet

talknet

The question here is about Stock Markets and Forex managers/traders.

$30 Trillion is the loss from Worldwide stock markets for 2008.

I do not have knowledge of profits or loss from worldwide Forex managers but in my case it is +176% for 2008.

#17     Jan 6, 2009
  8. ScapGF

ScapGF

You have successfully avoided my question. I rest my case.

You do realize that there are some equity money managers that made much more than 170% shorting the daylights out of homebuilders, REITS, and financials, right? I worked with a Fund of Funds doing money manager research and have come across some people that had years with 600% returns. That makes your returns look childish!

There aren't many, but they do exist. The point is that there will always be a couple people getting returns on the tail of the bell curve. Yet the probability of them staying there year after year diminishes exponentially.

Is this so hard to understand?

#18     Jan 6, 2009
  9. I should mention that I believe the losses are much worse for anyone investing since these funds were posting positive returns for the 1st few months when they did not have any money invested.

I almost invested in them myself, but did not. So anyone who did invest has a greater loss than reported.

#19     Jan 6, 2009
  10. You can contact me at marproserv@yahoo.com for more information. Stay away from them!

20 years trading & 6 doing FOREX. FXCM has moved away from customer service and into the SCAM business. They’ve been given the license by successfully fighting CFTC complaints - arguing that the CFTC has no jurisdiction over the FX SPOT market. This being done they now make their money by adding outrageous chop to the swap rates (both sides) and marketing to the general public knowing full well that 9 out 10 accounts will be gone in 90 days. They have no scruples and I am filing a law suit. Even if you’re bound by the arbitration agreement – you still have options. You can contact me at marproserv@yahoo.com for more information. Stay away from them! They've relyed on the fact that small investors will not file law suits and hiding behind arbitration agreements binding us the NFA which has no teath. But I am taking them to the matt. Join me and let's get ourmoney back and protect the public.:mad: :mad: :mad:

#20     Jan 9, 2009