Fx trading PC help!!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Mr. Smith, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Hey all!

Quite new to this so any help is appreciated.

Firstly I'm looking for a fast trading PC than can run 2/3 monitors with ease! PC desktop or laptop? Which is better

My budget is no more than £800/$1000
    Is that enough? Is it too much for just a basic trading home PC? I have no clue

Any recommendations to custom pc's or links to would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Smith.

2. wintergasp

wintergasp

You can handle 16 monitors for 800£.

You don't need too much power for a trading computer, unless you are going to do some crunching / programming / etc.

The question is what monitor size and resolution do you want ? A good 4K monitor on 28" today costs around 500£.

The stance to hold the screens is also very expensive so it depends whether you want to keep the screens on 1 row or 2 rows.

3. just21

just21

4. wintergasp

wintergasp

Does it have 2 DisplayPort1.2 ports ? I read it can support 4k @ 60hz but not sure how possible without DP1.2

Other than that it looks great, thanks for the link.

5. wintergasp

wintergasp

OK It can support 1x4k screen through Mini Display Port, not two. And I don't remember what I heard about mini DP a while back but not even sure it handles 4k@60hz properly.

But for a back-office / simple desktop this rock.

6. just21

just21

I only run one 4k off the mini display port. Works fine. Maybe it is two 1080p monitors it runs.

7. Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

8. NoBias

NoBias

Well Scat, you got the energy to repeat yourself again?

I was thinking for ~$1,000 US he should get the new intel i9 - 5.3 Ghz / 128gb RAM / 1,000Gb SSD

Instead of wasting money on the obsolete 2D/3D LED & 4K Monitors, he should consider the new 360° surround view Holographic projection displays, with hand gesture interface.

That would be my recommendation....

9. wintergasp

wintergasp

lol ?

10. CBC

CBC

spend as much as you can on the Cpu / Ram. Don't bother to much with the graphics card :)

#10     Nov 14, 2016