FX trading/is that so easy or am i going to get smoked

Discussion in 'Forex' started by bondtrader, Dec 8, 2006.

1. At the risk of sounding condescending, it's easy if you make money, hard if you lose it.

Some take to it easier than others, like anything in life, be it sport or mathematics or art or etc.

For the not so talented though, learning to trade is a slow and arduous process that is both emotionally taxing and financially testing.

If you don't lose every last penny you have, or indeed your mind, before learning how to be consistently profitable, congratulations, your journey has been a pleasant one.

Many give up after an account blow out, or some times considerably sooner. The ones who usually make it are simply those who want it the most and can devote every waking minute of their day to attaining their goal.

I've not met many who fall into the former category. :)

#11     Dec 8, 2006
  2. secxces

secxces

Indeed.

HERE: 3 Accounts Blown, 2 yrs of Breathing and Sleeping the markets (and yet to come even close to what I would consider a professional trader), gained 40 lbs...lol. But Im still pushing through...... finally been ale to trade full time.

- secXces

#12     Dec 8, 2006
  3. Latter. ;)

#13     Dec 8, 2006
  4. What is "the cable"?

#14     Dec 8, 2006
  5. secxces

secxces

GBP/USD nickname

#15     Dec 8, 2006
  6. Thanks

#16     Dec 8, 2006

7. Latter refers to those who have to take the hard route, I've met plenty of them!

Former refers to those who take to trading easily and without major suffering, of which, I have met few. None, to be precise. :)

#17     Dec 8, 2006
  8. I will continue to trade the way I trade and if I go bankrupt , I will let you know that you were right, otherwise you will not hear from me :)

#18     Dec 8, 2006
  9. bondtrader...

I sincerely hope that is not the case, and you are not serious.

You are most welcome here, and thanks for the thread.

Sometimes sharing your Journey can be quite fullfilling, whether it be rocky, easy, profitable or smooth...

Michael B.

Any similar experience or view will help

#19     Dec 9, 2006
  10. Sure, I was not serious, I will post my trades at the end of the week again and see how it goes :)

#20     Dec 9, 2006