FX spot fwds and vol calls

Discussion in 'Journals' started by atticus, Jul 30, 2012.

1. contra

contra

I cut the UJ for at -10 for a loss, not worth the potential bigger loss if risk crosses drag it down to trigger stops into the weekend. I think we can get to the 76-77 levels before intervention. I will be keeping a close eye on that.

USD/CAD is still running, if we can pop to the 0150 level I will def take some profit, maybe 0100, and look to add on dips.

Looking to short risk later, euro most likely. I may stay flat on that until data tomorrow, maybe take a small punt then. Thinking usd/chf or usd/jpy... for yen, a big day may be the 8-9th of august, unless we trip stops before then... that could get interesting, but most likely won't intervene on a friday I suppose.

#41     Aug 2, 2012
  2. contra

contra

USD/CAD... close to getting stopped.

No trades today at all, will wait until next week.

Not many making fx calls.

I don't want to clutter with useless BS, so I will continue with my commentary on my own journal and just strictly post the calls here.

#42     Aug 3, 2012
  3. Are we allowed to post trades if we trade ETF's like FXE (I like to trade FXE options in addition to spot. I have no use for the fwds atm)? I'll also post my entries & stops.

#43     Aug 4, 2012
  4. SamGold

SamGold

If the risk and results formats is expressed in % from now on, I'll try to contribute something positive. Otherwise I think it's a waste of time. I make 95% of all my money from a dozen situations per year where I can push it hard, relatively safely.

I don't know anything about 'exotics' or where to execute them with a limited credit risk. I don't like FX either, but will play it sometimes.

Also I'm fully convinced that I'm the best delta-1 trader in the world.

#44     Aug 5, 2012
  5. contra

contra

join in when you want.. or don't. Not many will care.

#45     Aug 5, 2012
  6. contra

contra

on second thought... don't.

#46     Aug 5, 2012
  7. SamGold

SamGold

Of this, I'm certain. My request wasn't directed to you BTW.

#47     Aug 5, 2012
  8. contra

contra

I wouldn't claim I'm the best trader in the world, even If I had facts to prove I was. I'm just trying to get something going for myself in this trading game, the best I can be with what I have available to me.

After being on this forum, I see there are just the same amount of jerk offs as all the rest. There are a few great traders here, maybe a handful at best, maybe a few more OK traders, and the rest.... a bunch of liars and nutjobs trying to sell shit or boost there ego online, which is beyond pathetic.

Comments that you posted rub me the wrong way. But I will be looking forward to your calls.

#48     Aug 5, 2012
  9. contra

contra

I tried to get a no-touch going on CHF/JPY but the payout is extremely whack.... I think this may be atticus' fault.

#49     Aug 5, 2012
  10. contra

contra

long aussie at 0569 into the fix... may close after but targeting 0600.

stop at 29.

we have that aussie data later so it might not break... hoping E/A backs off...

#50     Aug 6, 2012