FX Savant

Discussion in 'Forex' started by atticus, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Surfeur

Surfeur

So it's maybe a fake report ...

#21     Sep 9, 2008
  2. sg20

sg20

Stop the BS, the trade doesn't exit.

#22     Sep 9, 2008
  3. I'm not going to debate the validity of the run. It's 100% legit. Those of you who refuse to believe that it's possible are simply projecting your own failure. It's legit, and I have nothing to sell.

Sure, it's unlikely he'll ever run this hot again. Who cares, it's incredible nonetheless. I am sure it would've been a far different outcome had he not scored the initial 3k in EURAUD over the weekend. Also, the 1k was pocket change, so there was no concerns about bankroll management.

FWIW, I've seen him run 5k into 55k in a week.

#23     Sep 9, 2008
  4. I think it's legit and it is mathematical possible.

People win the 6/49 lotto every week. And 6 wins in FX can easily net $30,000 from $1,000 in 2 days.

#24     Sep 9, 2008
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Why not ask him to show u how he does it?

I bet he's a big support and resistence trader.

#25     Sep 9, 2008
  6. I don't dispute that the performance is real - I am just curious if these were disciplined trades (with a stop and target) or lotto ticket trades that were put on with some luck sprinkled in.

Regardless - good for him and hopefully he is able to retain the profits.

#26     Sep 9, 2008
  7. I'm privy to his methodology, although it doesn't explain the run he's had.

#27     Sep 9, 2008
  8. Lotto and luck.
    Lotto and luck.

#28     Sep 9, 2008
  9. He was obviously glued to the screen, but I agree that each trade should have had a hard-stop.

#29     Sep 9, 2008
  10. Well, the best streaks I've had were 105 consecutive scalps on CME FX all being profitable in over a little more than 30 days, and once trading USD 50k into more than USD 200k in little over a week. In the last case I used a lot of leverage though - not exactly sound risk handling. I also traded with 50+ contracts later on CME FX, although results were somewhat choppy... and my tax return for years were several thousand pages, with the top being more than 7000 pages.

When the protracted sideways period occurred after the EURUSD moving down from 1.30ish (1.36 top) down below 1.25 and 1.20, I stopped and rather moved my base currency on long trend strategies. I predicted there would be a long period of protracted sideways choppiness - and it was right, although I thought it would be bopping around 1.25 and not 1.20.

What kind of sizes are "3" , "5" etc on those spot trades, shouldn't there be like $300,000 with initial 300x gearing etc?

#30     Sep 9, 2008