FX Poll Vote!!!!!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Maverick74, Oct 26, 2006.

What do you mostly trade?

1. Spot

47 vote(s)
    75.8%
  2. Futures

13 vote(s)
    21.0%
  3. Options

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Only one out of 35 now trades FX options. Hmm......

#21     Oct 26, 2006
  2. traderob

traderob

I've put in a few forex option trades. But the spread is excessive for them on FXCM. Does anyone know a broker that gives a good deal?

#22     Oct 26, 2006
  3. ib. spread is tight on the majors.

#23     Oct 27, 2006
  4. *shrug*

I trade through retail spot because it's worked for me, and I don't mind paying the spread. You may have forgotten - I'm not a professional trader. I have a full time corporate executive job in a pharmaceutical company. I found forex by accident years ago when I went to Oanda to get an exchange rate for my expense report. It said "Want to trade currencies?" so I clicked the link and got into it.

I am very comfortable in my little world, making approximately 45-50% a year, and I'm too nervous about changing that to something I'm not knowledgeable about, on a platform I'm not used to.

I guess that's the main reasons.

-Ivan

#24     Oct 27, 2006
  5. traderob

traderob

Is IB doing options on forex now? Tell me more.

#25     Oct 27, 2006
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

They always have. Anyone that has access to Globex can trade FX options at the Merc.

#26     Oct 27, 2006
  7. Hey if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

#27     Oct 27, 2006
  8. well, it's not fx, currecies futs options. still, more or less same thing innit. offerin' 'em from ages.

#28     Oct 28, 2006
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bitsie, the problem with the options on the futs is that they are usually 8 ticks wide all the time. The other problem is there is virtually no liquidity for the Euro during the London open on Globex.

The first quarter of 2007, ISE is going to start trading listed FX options 100% electronic. Perhaps the markets will be tighter and the liquidity will be better.

#29     Oct 28, 2006
  10. well it aint that bad 8 ticks, look at ym/nq/sgx options, thin stuff have to say, but it's double that. they are very much tradable imho..infact lookin' into 'em.

#30     Oct 28, 2006