FX Most common Chart time-frame

Discussion in 'Forex' started by andretrader, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Saigon

Saigon

I stick to the daily, personally anything less is just emotional suicide

#11     Apr 22, 2008
  2. I trade a 5 Min Chart.

#12     Apr 23, 2008
  3. sg20

sg20

From my point of view I think most traders chose day trading because they are able to see the moves more easily, but as you'd put in more time to the market you'd eventually want to switch to longer time frames, 4hr and daily, typically because of stresses and emotionally worn. I’d prefer to trade the 1hr time frame when volatility is high and switch to longer time frame when volatility is low; it’s just my ability to read the chart in different market condition… It’s more likely up to a trader’s option on the time frames and how they feel comfortable to trade with…

sg20

#13     Apr 23, 2008
  4. Wood474

Wood474

I use them all, monthly, weekly, daily, 4 hour and 15 min. I do most of my work from the daily and 4 hour and just use 15 min to monitor the intraday moves of the markets I trade. If I could only ever have one chart it would be the 4 hour.

#14     Apr 23, 2008
  5. Good, none of you trade my time frames.

#15     Apr 23, 2008
  6. 4hr charts is my latest choice. IT is like a compromise between intraday and short term trading.

Alex

#16     Apr 24, 2008
  7. Manni

Manni

If you're trading intraday, then apart from a chart timeframe its important to trade during the hours when there is the most liquidity.

I like to trade GBP and EUR and i find these times useful:
    8.30 to 10 am GMT
    12.30 to 5pm GMT.

All other times its too choppy intraday.

#17     Apr 24, 2008
  8. DRiSsT

DRiSsT

i find the MONTHLY time frame useless, not unless youre going trade long "VERY long" and of course have enough for margin.

#18     May 25, 2008