FX is dead. Long live FX!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Tsing Tao, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Ah come on.

No contract will safeguard your stuff.

Profit share is the only way to do it.

#41     Apr 25, 2012
  2. AK100

AK100

All excellent points there Shopster.

I especially like Point 1 - hard work and dedication, and for most measured in years...

#42     Apr 25, 2012
  3. zdreg

zdreg

a number from 1995 has significance?
    ----------------
    acronym IP and PM?

#43     Apr 25, 2012
  4. Atticus found this number in his lotus 123 prog. while running his old 286 dos box...........:)

s

#44     Apr 25, 2012
  5. there won't be any profit share if you are invited in, surrender your code base so it can be implemented and then let go couple weeks later for obscure reasons. I heard several such stories and it is one of the big reasons why I decided to go on my own rather than opening up my code base to anyone, even my programmers do not know the core algorithm code base.

#45     Apr 25, 2012
  6. Amazing's stuff is truly amazing.... after all there is that massive microstructure exploitation in FX. Talk about low-hanging fruit. Holy shit, it's Sergey Aleynikov!

#46     Apr 25, 2012
  7. Seems to me that Soros made a zillion dollars at a time when the European central bankers had pledged to protect a predefined band. These banks not only want to make big money they want to do it in a high frequency environment. If they think the central bankers are over or under valuing a currency they should take a much less leveraged position, scale in with big gaps and see if they are right. Otherwise there is a car wash in Jersey with a help wanted sign.

Reminds me of the Dire Straights song -- MONEY FOR NOTHING AND CHICKS FOR FREE. Are they kidding me with this crap?

#47     Apr 25, 2012
  8. Soros was not the trader behind the Sterling short.

Druckenmiller was the brains who played the position thru.

“It takes courage to be a pig,” is Druckenmiller’s motto, and he has a yellow porcelain pig named Jerome on his desk to remind him.

Soros berated Stan constantly over the years after this large trade so Stan told him to " suck wind and blow........."

Soros had a " bitch and moan " mentality for his entire career.

Stan was the real brains behind all of the Quantum trading.

cheers,

s

#48     Apr 25, 2012
  9. Ahh ... another guy who thinks the guy who can hire talent, finance that talent, walk away with the lions share ... well, you get where I'm headed with this.

#49     Apr 25, 2012
  10. Interesting article, that explains the mean reverting aspects of these instruments.

#50     Apr 26, 2012