fx is a dead game

Discussion in 'Forex' started by cocaineaddict, Jul 7, 2009.

1. That's why I have a tool like you to correct my moronic tendencies

#31     Jul 7, 2009
  2. UK is very unlikely to move toward strong regulation. Some EU countries want to impose stronger hedgefund regulation and transaction taxes etc, but UK vetoes any EU-wide legislation in that direction and will do so in the future.

London is by far the most important financial center in the EU, and as far as f/x is concerned, the most important marketplace worldwide. Regardless what the mob on the street says, they don't want to loose any market share to someone else, and hence will protect this position.

The EU commission is unlikely to go down that road as well, especially after the last european parliament elections. They have always been very industry friendly (to put it nicely).

#32     Jul 7, 2009
  3. Milton

Milton

I think that a floating mechanism is good for now because it helps central banks to "steer" and pull some strings in the economy.

10:1 is enough for me! But for others i think that 25:1 will be appropiate.

cabletrader, I don't think that Soros used leverage in the '92 and I think so, because when you have LARGE amounts of money, you don't have acces so easy to leverage.
    And also think that on EBS market there is no such thing as leverage. Just 1:1.

#33     Jul 7, 2009
  4. "on EBS market there is no such thing as leverage"

The platform itself has nothing to do with financing/leverage - its a thing between the client and the (prime) broker. Of course there are firms with which you can trade on a margin basis on ebs (or any other market for that matter).

#34     Jul 7, 2009
  5. cstfx

cstfx

You can get a prime from JPMorgan w/10M+ and 20:1 leverage and trade directly on the EBS platform.

#35     Jul 7, 2009
  6. It hass gotten way easier to get access in the last few years. I.e. with advantage futures 1:20 o/n margin and 1:40 intraday (account needs to be 'adequately' funded but no hard minimum). There are a few others as well.

For a smalltime punter like me (that doesn't always trade >1mil) it makes little sense tho.

#36     Jul 7, 2009
  7. He sure did. That's how he packed away 1 billion or so.

#37     Jul 7, 2009
  8. cstfx

cstfx

Really? I am opening an account with them now (mostly for futures) and they said they would give me 20:1 fx leverage, which I thought was rather high considering I was looking to day trade, not position trade it. Rat bastard salesman was holding out on me.

#38     Jul 7, 2009
  9. That isnt true - EBS is just like any other platform.

If you are not a bank than you access it via your prime broker, who is. They will grant you a trading limit, and this will be based on either the margin you put up or what credit limit they have been prepared to grant you.

#39     Jul 8, 2009
  10. lol

20:1 is approx conservative overnight

you can get much higher with a risky outfit

#40     Jul 8, 2009