FX Incubator Fund Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by JuniorCTA, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patience kind of paid off but I am still below what I should be.

5k @1.2615
    5k @ 1.2665
    5k @ 1.2717

up about $201.5 (201 pips) overall but I should be at 484 pips (11 days * 44) or +$572 by Friday. Hopefully I will catch up by end of the week.

#11     Sep 1, 2010
  2. Well what a nice surprise !

Finally a poster in ET with a dream, a plan and a positive attitude !!!!

I wish you all the best in the world young man.

From what I see about you so far you have a bright future.

#12     Sep 1, 2010
  3. First off, I think if you are really trading this account that is a good start to actually learning how markets work in real life. I think you should keep going. Now, just a few things, not to discourage you, but to get you straightened out on what's what and perhaps keep you from wasting time & energy:

1. High-frequency trading refers to automated trading strategies that trade 100's, if not 1000's, of trades per day. If you are not doing this, or have no plans on how to get to this level, you are not in the high-frequency realm.

2. If you want to do high-freq trading for a bank actual market experience is of minor importance. What banks actually look for are highly skilled programmers who are competent in something like C++. Therefore, your time is best spent becoming a top-notch programmer if this is your goal. I know a number of people who have been hired at banks to work on automated trading desks and while none of them had had any trading experience, they all have quite impressive programming skills.

3. Do you want to be an independent CTA/money manager? Do you want to be a market market at a bank? Do you want to be a prop trader at a bank? Each one of these roles is different so you should educate yourself on these differences and figure out how best to gain a foothold so as to reach your goals (JP Morgan seems to be in the process of shutting down their prop trading operations, just FYI).

Good Luck

#13     Sep 1, 2010
  4. It's funny how people are eager to jump in and criticize.

I have trading experience. I know how markets work. I started this $1,000 account to formally outline performance of a solid strategy from the beginning. I couldn't do this for my personal account as the trading history reflects different strategies I was testing when I was still in my "learning phase"

1. I am making some where between 100 - 5,000 trades a day. Not all high-frequency is automated. (my exits are).

2. All the programming skills in the world is not equivalent to a consistent strategy. A lot of broke, starving programmers out there ;). (I have OANDA API access and about 7+ years C++, Java)

3. I am trying to build a verifiable trading track record which I can present to ANY type of investment firm. FCM's looking for emerging CTAs, Firm looking for a Market Maker, or Prop Trader at a Bank are just roles.

I am not really here to disclose my strategy, get lost in the financial vocab, justify my trading or programming experience.

I am here to make 11,000 pips this year. Is that good enough for you trolls? ;)

#14     Sep 2, 2010
  5. Attention is shifting away from EUR/USD. Consolidation time, I expect slight down on EURUSD. But not positioned in EUR/USD.

Corrections imminent on USDCHF and USDJPY pairs.

USDCHF

10k @ 1.01214

10k @ 1.01171

5k @ 1.01137

Target 1.0140

USDJPY

5k @ 84.178
    5k @ 84.177

Target $86

• usd.jpg
      File size:
      19.9 KB
      Views:
    #15     Sep 2, 2010

6. Thanks for the kind words. Can't let the trolls bring me down! :)

#16     Sep 2, 2010
  7. A positive attitude will take you far in life but also remember to be honest and objective with yourself because it's you that matters most in this business.

#17     Sep 2, 2010
  8. Ummm I really don't think that guy was trolling...it sounded like he was genuinly trying to be helpful. Why so defensive?

#18     Sep 2, 2010

9. :confused:

#19     Sep 2, 2010
  10. Missed the USDCHF exit by like 0.1 pips.. so I bought more with ~ same target. Maybe no momentum till london squaring or until yen capital spending q/y.

• usd.jpg
      File size:
      25.5 KB
      Views:
    #20     Sep 2, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.