FX Harmonics

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Veyron 16.4, May 31, 2011.

1. Carry on Frank and let's see how it works. I was trying harmonics years back and had come up with the same conclusions as Constance that I needed a way to adjust the Square of 9 for each instrument.

I came up with an idea of how to implement it and asked Howard on Ensign to add it in but he just plain refused. Pity, Ensign is getting a bit stale now compared to the competition.

#11     Jun 1, 2011
  2. Will he show us something here other than words and ideas? He did say it is still in prototype and not yet coded in Excel.

#12     Jun 1, 2011

3. So, you can tell someone, whom you don't know from Adam, that what he's working on has been done before - and you can do this because, you know every thing there is to know about Harmonics, given the depth, breath and scope of your research.

I don't know of anyone you could be related to, who is that full of himself. But, if you think you know what I'm working on, without having once seen or heard anything from me on this subject before; more power to you.

If you are smart enough to be able to read minds, then you should be a multi-billionaire by now, reading the collective mind of the currency markets. Good luck with that, too. LOL!

Hilarious, people....

#13     Jun 1, 2011
  4. Hey, Marsupilami.

Indeed. Manually, I don't even thing - no - I know it is not possible. Too many charts, too ratio intersections and too many different patterns to focus on at once. Can't be done from the human limitation standpoint and that's why I'm building the search prototype.

I won't be specifically looking for any pattern that anyone has defined yet. The search engine won't, for example, look for Gartley, while ignoring Bats. Or, look for 5-0, while ignoring Butterflies. In fact, the key to the search won't be in any specific finding, it will be in the density probability of harmonic ratios/patterns that ultimate lead to a range of price behavior that I can quantify (measure) and wrap trade logic around.

In addition to the *free form* ratio or pattern search, the other key will be in the linking of those ratios and patterns across multiple time-frames. If anyone has done this before, they most certainly have not talked about it publicly.

So, in theory, I *should* find and/or discover new ratios and possibly, new harmonic patterns, that could flow from one dimension of time, to another. One thing I absolutely know for certain is the timing sequence for the emergence of patterns.

Part of my primary theory is that *ALL* larger scale harmonic patterns do not start out that way. So, I'll be applying something *like* a spatio-temporal ripple effect gauge, because I need to measure the total gross effect of the ripple. I'm also working on a research tool that will work something like Doppler, to see if I can simply "sit in the market" and "hear" the harmonic frequency changes as price "passes by." (kinda sorta like that)

If I am successful, I should be able to pinpoint, or at least closely approximate, where the large harmonic pattern (the one you trade) was started, to within a few minutes. And, if I can do anything that even remotely approximates that, I should also be able to build a Harmonic Pattern Tracker, that actually follows "young harmonies" through their life cycle until they reach the age of maturity and are ripe for producing highly predictive trades.

One of the research keys that makes this possible, is the ability to create custom bar time-frames, down to the second. Not that I'll need to go that far, but having the ability to do the research inside the standard bar formats, is critical - in fact, mandatory.

So, the analogy is simple: Think about a somewhat still pond filled with water (though not a perfect analogy, as the market is constantly volatile). Drop the proverbial pebble in the pond and you get instant wave behavior. If you track back through the larger radians at the perimeter of the ripple effect, take measurements of the distance, amplitude and speed of each ripple going in the opposite direction, you should be able to mark the epicenter of the gross effect. (something like that, not exactly)

So, I've been thinking of these harmonic patterns in much the same way, where the ripples are very easy to see with the naked eye (Ripples = Fibonacci Ratios of common Harmonic Patterns), but to my knowledge, no one has looked at the distance, amplitude and speed between the ripples[/b] to see if there are any ratio similarities that connect that ripples themselves.

If those ratio similarities do exist, then they should produce a Ratio Field Event Horizon, or what I will call the RFEH Frequency. It would be *that* frequency that I would need to "tune into" in order to produce the relative Harmonic Pattern Tracker.

Think of how Radar/Transponder systems work. Take an aircraft up to altitude and turn on its transponder to the ATC designated four digit code and ATC will be able to not only track that aircraft, but ATC will also get altitude information as well, if the aircraft is squawking Mode-C. So, essentially what I'd be trying to do is, place a transponder inside of every harmonic pattern headed my way, so that I can get early warning information about the nature of the pattern. Its speed, size, shape, resonance frequency (ratio synergies) and most of all, its general ETA.

Of course, I cannot physically place these things into the market, but those are the net effect results of essentially what the Harmonic Engine will simulate for me, if it works. Anyway, that's the long and short summary of what I'm trying to do.

What are you using now to trade Harmonic Patterns, other than manual interpretations?

#14     Jun 1, 2011
    .sigma likes this.

5. There is nothing wrong with this approach.

I'm just talking about augmenting and refining this by a factor of at least 3 orders of magnitude (at least).

Of course, mine won't be for sale, or for release to the general public once completed. But, I don't mind talking about some of the research while developing it.

If you notice in the video, he's focused on one (1) singular harmonic pattern. Their system paints, one (1) harmonic pattern on the screen. The entire trade set-up is geared for one (1) harmonic pattern.

They trade the DP (Point "D" to Point "P", where "P" = Projection).

My goal is a bit different. My goal is to be able to trade the AB, BC, CD and DP, legs. The only way to do that, is to have information about the harmonic pattern from XA, that currently is not being revealed today in public, by anyone with expert knowledge about Harmonic Patterns.

But, what if the patterns fails?

Well, that's the point of the entire project. It is to know whether or not the pattern has a high probability for taking form, before it reaches "D." And, the only way to do that, is to have a firm pulse on the causation behind harmonic patterns in general, and not merely their seen effects.

Always, work from "cause" whenever possible. If you have a theory for "cause" then explore it. Else, you can only work from "effect."

I've always been the kind of trader who "get's there" before things happen. That's been my MO for 10+ years and its not going change now. All of my research in the markets have always been predicated upon Causality.

I'm a Causality Trader, by choice.

#15     Jun 1, 2011

6. Sorry, that's not the goal of this thread. Certainly, not my intention. I thought I was clear in the OP post. If you are looking for me to give you something concrete that you can trade with, like an EA, or something like that, then you've got the wrong idea.

Your insults have been one thing, but to then assume that I'm going to give you something - especially after having insulted - is a bit beyond the pale. If you happen to learn something from this, then more power to you. If you actually have contributory thoughts (Frank) that you would like to add to the mix of dialogue here, then by all means, you can offer that here.

But, if all you have are insults with a hand-out attached, then I'm not quite sure that you will find this thread very interesting.

I'm building a prototype, conducting more research, and hopefully extending my knowledge of harmonic patterns beyond what is presently discussed in public and I'm opening up this thread for those who wish to talk about harmonic, too. I can talk about what I can talk about and that which I cannot talk about, I'll simply state as private and then move on to the next harmonic topic within the thread.

If the thread is not active, that's ok - my development will continue. I spent years waiting to do something about Harmonics, but was too busy trying to finish my trading system, which had become rather large and technically challenging. Now, that I am done, I've had some time to spend on Harmonics and I like what I see. So much so, that I've placed Harmonics into project mode - which means I spend every waking second of every day, thinking about creative harmonic solutions.

I'm trying to push harmonics in the dream state, so my subconscious mind can go to work while I'm asleep at night, bringing harmonic goodies to the conscious level during the day. I eat a harmonic breakfast, lunch and dinner. I drink harmonic water and I take harmonic walks. I breath harmonics and I live harmonics. I wear harmonic clothes and I put on harmonic shoes. I buy harmonic deodorant and I shave with a harmonic razor. I get harmonic haircuts and I use a harmonic toothbrush with harmonic bristles. I'm even going out to buy harmonic suits, shirts and ties, complete with harmonic cufflinks.

I drive a harmonic car, with a harmonic engine and harmonic tires. I purchase harmonic fuel and I get harmonic oil changes. I eat at harmonic restaurants a and I visit harmonic coffee shops. I watch harmonic television and I listen to harmonic radio on station XABCDp.

Right now, I am full blown Harmonics at this point. That's how I get up for a big research & build project. Full immersion harmonic thought. It is the only way I know to get to a place of creative thought, where others may not have been before. To boldly go, where no human, has gone before.

Welcome to, Planet Harmonics. I hope your stay here, will be a rather harmonious one.

#16     Jun 2, 2011
  7. Full of himself? Isn't that you?

#17     Jun 2, 2011
  8. So the purpose of this thread is for everyone to listen to your babblings?

#18     Jun 2, 2011
  9. Frank, if you are incapable of contributing to the thread anything other than what you have thus far, then why not do us all a favor and get out of the thread.

Either you can read, or you can't read. If you can read, the posts I've made thus far, pretty much explains why this thread is here. If you can't handle the reasons why, or don't like the reasons why, go start your own Harmonics thread, where people can learn what YOU are doing with harmonic patterns.

Because, quite frankly, given your apparent personal hang-ups and negativity demonstrated thus far in your attitude, I don't see you keeping up here long-term, from a technical standpoint. If you can't see that what's going on here is different, or if you have to ask me silly rhetorical questions about sitting here and listening to "blank," then you most likely won't be able to keep up. So, why not simply egress from this thread and not destroy a perfectly fine discussion on your way out.

Now, do YOU have something that you would like to add to what I've already stated, such as: how to capture a field or range of failed harmonic patterns, and locate the coupling point of all their ratios, such that a new harmonic pattern emerges that fills the void between the easily visible harmonics patterns that we see today. If so, let's hear it. If you understand that technical challenge and can related to it on some level, then I'm ready to hear your technical or conceptual contribution to this thread on the merits.

But, if you are nothing but a bitter individual with more time on his hands than good trades to make, or better research to conduct for the sake of growing his trading business, then I'd be just as happy if you recused yourself from this conversation, as you probably won't have much positive energy to contribute.

It is amazing how more, good ET threads get trashed by people with no clue or concept about why such forums exist in the first place. If you want to arbitrarily bitch about something, then register yourself on a Political Forum, and you can moan, whine and complain until you are blue in the face. But, let's take back these so called Trading Forums and turn them back into the places they were meant to be - sources of intelligent, rational and constructive dialogue, or places to reflect on possibly new ideas, or even old ideas that get viewed in different, fresh and positive ways.

If you can do that, welcome. If not - then don't allow the door knob to split you on the way out.

#19     Jun 2, 2011
  10. my time is fine. i just have to spend 5 secs and you will reply with 30mins post.

#20     Jun 2, 2011