FX clearing

Discussion in 'Forex' started by timmulloy, Jan 28, 2009.

1. You can't spell. You replace "your" with "ur"
    It's "seems", not "seams".
    You're under 30. You did not trade the ES, nor the S&P in the years you stated. You type as if you are (ur?) texting.
    You are perhaps 27, at the oldest.

#21     Jan 28, 2009
  2. Surdo

Surdo

STAY away from spot Fx, it is dogshit...been there done that got the T shirt!

Trade EC, BP, and JY futures!

EC = EURUSD
    BP = GBPUSD
    JY = JPYUSD

#22     Jan 28, 2009
  3. cvds16

cvds16

I have been trading very actively eur/usd at IB for nearly a year now, their spreads there are tight, usually around 1 pip, sometimes less, there are times they widen up to 2 sometimes even 3 but the latter case is really exceptional, they hand the ECN model so that's probaly not really their fault but the market being nervous. There are times when you will get slippage of 1 to 4 pips, but they too are rather rare. I even had at times positive slippage on a resting order (once 10 pip) but that was a very rare occasion too. Overall opinion: they may be not perfect but overall find they are very fair, give you good quotes and decent execution, what's more important even though I think my money is safe at IB, not like some other bucketshop 'brokers'. No point for me trying to fix something that isn't broke so I they seem at this moment the best solution.

#23     Jan 29, 2009
  4. Thank you dave for the english lesson . I hope ur right that I m not 46 years of age . Some trade through feel or visual recall or simply buy and sell with discipline . I can t remember the pit asking me for the correct spelling on bye or sail or I mean or meen buy or sell . The bottom line, thank u for proof reeding my work . If ur not busy or not earning I would like to pay u to proof read my emails and reed my daily PL steakments. FYI If I where u I d stop looking for others problems or shortcomings and try to learn to trade . You never know where or whom u ll learn something from . I ve watched guys off the south side with maybe not even a high school education beat the crap out of a University of Chicago MBA . I m really interested in why u think a 40 something would be smarter than a 30 something . I would quess that arrogent logic like this is why U can t trade because if u could u d have better things to do with ur time .

#24     Jan 29, 2009
  5. FJMcC

FJMcC

Do you have some type of mental illness? Really, why woud care what, when, where, or even if he ever traded?

By the way, from the grammar, attitude, and general tone of his posts I would bet pretty much anything you want that this fellow spent some time on the Floor in Chicago at some point.

#25     Jan 29, 2009
  6. Ok I gotta ask, what is an "FM reciever using rabbit ears"?

I don't quite understand why you guys didn't have the technology 15 years ago though, '96 is roughly when I started and that's 13 years ago, we had an all-singing all-dancing online platform to trade on even back then!

To answer your original question I guess it depends on what you call a 'small' account.

#26     Jan 29, 2009
  7. Yaaaawwwwwwnnnn.....

#27     Jan 29, 2009
  8. I apologize your correct . I've been trading so long everything was only 10 years ago . I remember thinking when the ES started who would trade the es for the same comm. as the SP and get 1/5 the pop , shows how smart I'm. The rabbit ears we're for a boneville reciever which I think was E signal before the E . That was around 1986 ish. I had this Quotrek that almost never worked off a FM signal . The CQG and the DTN used some type of satilite signal also hard in chicago winters. I almost forgot about futuresource. I use to recieve that also just can't remember where the signal came from . I used Tradestation so far back it was called system writer I think ? They used a quote collector that couldn't be updated if your reciever wasn't on . When u lost the signal you never got the data back . The only way was manual data entry .

#28     Jan 29, 2009
  9. pipdaddy

pipdaddy

Tim,

I,ve been looking into Forex brokers for awhile now - trying to get as much info as possible. It seems to me that the best option is to go with the ECN's. IB is a popular one - I'm looking at MB Trading. If you have a little more capital there's other firms like Dukascopy. Bottom line - the last thing i want is for my broker to be trading against me.

#29     Feb 1, 2009