FX clearing

Discussion in 'Forex' started by timmulloy, Jan 28, 2009.

1. I see that you are not familiar with modern internet lingua franca. :D

When you were told that the ES only started in 1998 you said that you had been trading the big S&P 15 years ago and "thanks for the history lesson", thus you PWND the 1998 ES commenter.

BTW I still have one of those FM sideband blackboxes stored away.

#11     Jan 28, 2009
  2. Jeb do u remember being in a trade getting a signal loss and running around trying to get a signal with ur rabbit ears . I then moved on to DTN using the satelite if u could call it that . When my data went down I m standing out in the snow trying to readjust the satelite .. seams like yesterday . People have no idea how easy it is today . T

#12     Jan 28, 2009
  3. What are you looking to do with FX?

Most of the FX dealers are bucket shops. If you want fair FX markets then use a broker with an ECN model such as IB or trade the Globex FX futures.

#13     Jan 28, 2009
  4. I had one of those flexible wire Y shaped FM antennas that I had taped to a window for best signal reception. It used to tick me off when sometimes a plane or helicopter flying overhead would interfere with the radio signal. The internet data feeds are like magic compared to that.

#14     Jan 28, 2009
  5. I do well in the ES and I thought I would like to get serious about FX trading at late hours , apply what I use in ES .
    I just want a real deal and I don t know much about it but a chart is a chart . T

#15     Jan 28, 2009
  6. If u didn't care what pair u traded
    u just wanted the tightest spread or most efficent cross what would u recommend

#16     Jan 28, 2009
  7. ATLien

ATLien

Go with IB.

#17     Jan 28, 2009
  8. IB it is what pair should I trade

#18     Jan 28, 2009
  9. ATLien

ATLien

EURUSD

#19     Jan 28, 2009
  10. If you just want to stick your toe in the water, just open a small account with fxcm, onada, etc... Then when you get serious you can either stay or move on.

As for the pair with the tightest spread it’s EUR/USD. But depending on your time frame you can trade the other majors. I just shorted GBG/USD at 1.4228, looking for 100pips. I think you will like FX, it will grow on you like a fungus

#20     Jan 28, 2009