FX Brokers fee Comparison

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by gober, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Jeffp

Jeffp

Does FXCM round up commission to the next 100k lot for the 5/100k/side?

Is 150k trade charged 7.50/ side or is it rounded up figured as 200K and charged 10.00/side commission?

#21     Nov 4, 2010
  2. You can't just pay attention to the spreads and commission. You have to also pay attention to the depth of the book.

For example, if you have a spread that is o.4 pips wide but only 200K is available at that price and the next 300K is available at 1.5 pips wide you may be doing yourself an injustice.

You must look at the avg. spread of your executed trade.

Its amazing how many people only look at the top of the book spread.

#22     Nov 4, 2010
  3. Case in point.

Take a look at the screen shot of Hotspot Institutional on MetaTrader.

EUR/USD is 0.5 pips wide. MT4 doesn't show market depth. But I have another platform that shows depth of market on the same feed with the same broker.

The quote for Hotspot Institutional via MetaTrader is 0.5 with 2.3 million available at that price at that second in time.

You might find another broker with a spread of 0.2 but they may only have 200K available at 0.2 wide. Then the spread may be 1.2 for lets day 600K etc. This would be the worst fill of the two if commissions were exactly the same.

In another non-related issue I also sleep well at night using Hotspot Institutional as I know for sure that I'm getting a pure 100% ECN with no broker games. Even thought the feed is on Hotspot. Just something else you want to consider. If you broker say ECN make sure he isn't full of shit.

#23     Nov 4, 2010
  4. And the name of this platform/broker is?

#24     Nov 4, 2010
  5. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

The commission does not get rounded. So if you trade a position of 150k, it will be $7.50 per side and not $10/side commission.

#25     Nov 4, 2010
  6. Trader KGB:

The broker is ATG Marketplex.

For depth of market you can use the native hotspot platform but there is a java platform that ATG has which can also be used to display depth of market for any of the feeds that ATG has going into MetaTrader.

Although I'm looking around for an MT4 add it for depth of market. Actually now that I think about it I going to make a post on here to ask if anyone has a similar add in to recommend.

There are three options - Currenex into MT4, Hotspot Institutional into MT4 and Integral into MT4.

The java platform can be hooked up to display depth from either currenex, hotspot or integral.

#26     Nov 4, 2010
  7. Thanks, some googling pointed to either aarontrade/atg or thecollectivef-x. Do you know what ATG's terms are on the margin & deposit min/volume min?

I'm curious how both atg & collective are effectively operating as IB/white-labels without IB registration..

#27     Nov 4, 2010
  8. Trader KGB

Its aarontrade.com

Has nothing to do with Collective.

From my understanding under the FSA in Europe IBs don't have to be registered. Unlike the NFA.

I moved my business out of the US a number of months ago.

#28     Nov 7, 2010