FX-Auto

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by rcanfiel, May 31, 2007.

1. I am interested in a couple of autotrade systems. BUT <b>Can you provide me some hard numbers on ? </b> I am a futures trader, and given the REFCO thing, I have some significant doubts. Futures traders funds are segregated, out of the hands of brokerages. So for FX-Auto and FXDD:

-- What is the capitalization of each?
    -- How many employees at each (approx) (or are either one-man shops?)
    -- how/where is the trader's funds held?
    -- Where located?
    -- how long in business?

Are the performance records for listed systems before or after deducting the pips cost for system plus etc. (Seemingly about 1 pip plus 2-3 pips)

2. fx-auto

fx-auto ET Sponsor

Hello,
    About FXDD:
    FXDD is part of Compagnie Financière Tradition, one of the world's top three interdealer brokers servicing over 7,000 institutional clients since 1959. With 26 lines of business and over 2,000 employees in 20 countries, you can rest assured Tradition is here to stay.
    http://www.traditiongroup.com

Our diverse clientele, from retail traders to hedge funds, has made FXDD their forex company of choice. You can count on us to facilitate your trading needs, provide stellar customer service, and limit your risk to the markets.

You can call FXDD at their NY office:1-800-791-3950 to discuss their manning levels and capitalization.
    FXDD was launched around 2002.
    Funds are held here:
    Citibank New York
    City Hall Financial Center
    250 Broadway
    New York , New York 10007

About FX-Auto(Parent Company is known as "Tradency")
    Started in August 2005.
    Employees: 17 comprising Support Team/Programmers/Software development. Expandly rapidly.
    Business Model: Autotrading services, low cost execution, managed solutions for mass market in Retail FX.
    Technology: Proprietary.
    Plans: Roll out Autotrading services to additional brokers. Next broker due for launch in Q3 '07

Performance includes spread but not commission.(1 pip round turn)
    Performance is indicative of real trading account, not hypothetical, see a few of the other discussion on performance matching.
    Some clients manage their own position after initial trade entry.

I am interested in a couple of autotrade systems. BUT <b>Can you provide me some hard numbers on ? </b> I am a futures trader, and given the REFCO thing, I have some significant doubts. Futures traders funds are segregated, out of the hands of brokerages. So for FX-Auto and FXDD:

-- What is the capitalization of each?
    -- How many employees at each (approx) (or are either one-man shops?)
    -- how/where is the trader's funds held?
    -- Where located?
    -- how long in business?

Are the performance records for listed systems before or after deducting the pips cost for system plus etc. (Seemingly about 1 pip plus 2-3 pips)

3. Thanks for your reply. My remaining question:

-- Futures/commodities funds are SEGREGATED (ie, the broker cannot touch/manipulate the funds & they are held at a bank).

-- Is the fact the funds are held at CitiBank imply that FX-AUTO (FXDD) customer funds & holdings are SEGREGATED?

-- Is your forex trading OFF exchange? I believe these are not segregated, if so.

I really do not know how forex works, but after Refco, I am quite alarmed as to this subject!!