FW wall street top 100 earners

Discussion in 'Trading' started by RainMaker3000, Dec 26, 2002.

1. AllI know about MBA's I read it on ET and some personal finance magazine. Looks like the value of an Ivy league education is mostly its mention on your resume that in turn should allow you to get a high paid job and connections for the rest of your career.
    Once you have a few years of experience in asset mangement in an IBank it's much easier to start a fund whether you are a good trader or not, you have the education, the experience and the connections. Then you make your trading sound really complicated to potential investors so they think you are a genius on to something. Most of the hedge funds make money mostly for their managers not much for their investors.

I don't think you can start a fund these days and grow assets to several billions if you don't have the usual credentials. What doyou think?

#11     Feb 4, 2003
  2. omcate

omcate

In addition, if your fund gets busted, just wait for a while. And tell everyone the following:

"It was a sound trading strategy. The timing was only off by a little bit. If I could hold on to my portfolio for few more weeks, I would have made a lot of money."

Then, you can look for new investors to start a new fund.

:p :p :p
    :D :D :D

#12     Feb 4, 2003