FutureSource FsXtra

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Qyu, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Qyu

Qyu

Anybody having any problems today with the feed? Which has been the norm as of recent. FSXtra is what I'm using. I had frozen for a good solid 5 min. which is horrible when it comes to a data feed and scalping.

I called up to have them check out my connection and they had said that I wasn't connected. Customer service is pretty rude since they hung up before I could even ask any further questions. Any suggestions for a new feed besides FSxtra or any input as to how the Workstation is working out for some of you if you're using it. It would be greatly appreciated.

2. Yeah, it's been diabolical today. Dropping sessions every half hour or so, and totally off the air for the last hour. Same goes for anything else ending in futuresource.com, so it looks like they're having major grief.

Not good.

3. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

yes - im probably going to cancel at the end of the month. used to be good, but the last few weeks have been unacceptable - since esignal took over.

technical support just tell me to clear my cache all the time!

im going to look at

www.prorealtime.com

4. Qyu

Qyu

I'm trying out the Workstation version next month. I know the reliability can't be any better since the data will most likely come from the same servers. Fred tell me how it goes with the switch to prorealtime when you subscribe. It looks to be a lot cheaper but what's the reliability like in way of data? Any info how it goes with them would be much appreciated.

I'm not too happy with futuresource since E-Signal took over. The drops in connection are pretty frustrating, not to mention the data being slow a good 2-4 min on occassion but we'll see how it goes next month with the demo.

5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

i had a chat with scott (esignal vp) who posts on these boards now and then. he confirmed that futuresource subscribers are moving on to the esignal system.

personally i cant see the logic in going to workstation or esignal if we know the data is going to be lousy - but i guess youve already figured that one out!! your choice and im sure you have your reasons.

ive heard good things about pro real time. apparently their data is provided by gl trade who do a lot of platforms for the banks i think.

let you know....