Futures with under $2000

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by eeleusnosaj, Oct 6, 2003.

1. T-REX

T-REX

I'm definately the wrong one to ask the "stop-loss" question.

I use stoplosses ranging from 7.25 pt on up to "volatility-stops"- which can vary all the way up 100 points!

........... BUT I rarely get stopped out unless I'm just wrong about the market direction.:)

#31     Oct 6, 2003

2. thanks rex. i agree on the YM,

best,

surfer

#32     Oct 6, 2003

3. rex,

your system seem strangely similiar to mine. did you copy me ??

LOL !

:)

#33     Oct 6, 2003
  4. T-REX

T-REX

I'm tooooooo DUMB to orchestrate such a feat!!!
    Great minds think alike.:D

#34     Oct 6, 2003
  5. Quotes from eeleusnosaj:

eeleusnosaj,

Based on your questions so far and what you've said about your trading experience...

That $2600 will most likely be your "tuition" money for learning about the Eminis.

I recommend you don't do any real money trading for several months (a minimum of 3 months) and use this critical time for the following:

1. To learn about the Eminis via paper trading them in a real time simulator...

lots of futures brokers have them and even some software like Ensign has playback options of the entire intraday trading day.

http://www.ensignsoftware.com

2. Save and add more money to your trading account because your still in the "What are futures mode".

3. Spend some time in the #IndexFutures trading room if your looking to talk about futures in realtime, watch some realtime trade posting and to post some of your own realtime trades.

It's located on the IRC financialchat server and you can use software like mIRC, Trillian or MSChat to log in...

or you can log in directly via your browser...

http://www.financialchat.com/forums/chat2.asp?forum=IndexFutures

4. For now...start learning trade strategies you read about here at ET and put those stock strategies you know somewhere in the closet...

unless they were very profitable.

In other words...if you weren't a profitable stock trader...

don't make the common newbie mistake of applying those same strategies to the Eminis.

5. Keep a detailed in-depth trade journal...private first and if your not making paper money on a consistent basis in those realtime simulators...

take your trade journal public...asking for feedback about your trades.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=29

Doing the above for the next several months should help a lot until you ready to trade with your hard earned real money.

If you try to take short cuts...don't learn....don't use a realtime simulator...using unprofitable stock strategies on the Eminis...

Your "tuition money" will be spent much more fast.

By the way...there's tons of helpful information here at EliteTrader.com

Enough to keep you busy reading and replying to thread authors for many weeks as you ask more and more questions.

Last of all...don't be afraid to use EliteTrader.com search menu in the upper right corner...

as a newbie...you'll more than often find answers to your questions.

If you can't find an answer via the search menu...post your questions.

Good luck, have some fun although Eminis can get boring at times and welcome to Emini trading.

NihabaAshi

#35     Oct 7, 2003
  6. damir00

damir00 Guest

add me to the list too, lol.

#36     Oct 7, 2003

7. LOL !

:D :D

surfer :)

#37     Oct 7, 2003
  8. Check global futures www.daytrade4less.com
    This is what you might looking for

#38     Oct 7, 2003
  9. Btw, if you want to trade far east (Asian market),
    They can trade them for you over the phone and
    no extra charge.
    But they don't offer charting, Esignal will do it.
    customer support is best of best

#39     Oct 7, 2003
  10. Wait until you have more capital and can make it a full time endevor. I would advise you to find out as much as you can about futures trading, read books, magzine articles, ask questions. PM me if you want.

It's just my opinion, but $2600 won't get you through the learning curve. Trade on a simulator for a while see how you do, its not the real thing but you can learn alot.

#40     Oct 7, 2003