futures with IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Cesko, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Cesko

Cesko

Does anybody have an experience with trading pit-traded futures thru IB? Speed of execution, confirmation etc.

2. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I don't think you can. I believe IB only offers the electronic markets.

Kirk

3. def

def Sponsor

correct, IB does not offer pit trading.

4. tymjr

tymjr

I've traded the Mini S&P with IB. If that is your interest, what is it you would like to know?

5. Cesko

Cesko

I've read few comments on e-mini trading via IB. I think it works well. Speed, confirmation, slippage etc. Thank you guys for replies.

6. tymjr

tymjr

I've traded the Mini for quite awhile and I am much happier with its performance vs. stocks. I have had a huge problem getting fills in the QQQ. I mean HUGE. Generally, I was mostly filled when I was wrong and rarely when I was right. I'm not very skilled at routing. This, as you can imagine, has greatly impacted my P/L. I have never been fond of market orders but I have had to use them as well as improving my methods of scaling in and out of positions.

The futures connection has been far less reliable than stock platform in past. I actually switched back to stocks because of the current choppiness. I felt I could take longer positions with smaller size. Unfortunately, I began trading on a very short time frame, again. I am not nearly as effective at this in stocks as in futures. I will probably return to futures shortly.

Hope that helps.