Futures vs. Stocks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LokiSkywalker, Apr 10, 2002.

1. stevet

stevet

the actual broker does not make a difference - but the rates you pay could certainly affect your future bank accounts health!

#11     Apr 10, 2002
  2. I find it laughable that the only methods your seem to advocate are Brights methods. Personally when I see people put down other methods of trading(level 2, futures, directional, system, etc etc) it lowers my opinion of them or at least makes me wonder what their motives are.

Are there ANY methods of trading you advocate beyond Brights methods??

#12     Apr 10, 2002
  3. Hi...stevet makes a very good point. Try to find the lowest commissions possible. They affect your bottom-line" considerably"

I understand that IB (Interactive Brokers) offers an excellent
    $4.80 rt,and DTFutures has $7.00 rt. Hope this helps

#13     Apr 10, 2002
  4. Wavetrader

Ive only used IB for futures so cant make a comparison. They are ok so far. Had a couple of small glitches a few days ago but lately its been allright. I dont see much of a difference trading the eminis vs trading the QQQ. To me, theyre all pretty much the same. I dont know if Dons right or not about the futures leading the way. I think that is probably an oversimplification. I have always relied on what I call the "pace" of the market. If it starts slowing down or speeding up, etc.

ps: If your doing well with what your doing why change?

#14     Apr 10, 2002
  5. stevet

stevet

4.80 means the cards are stacked against you, $7 means you might as well throw in the towel, before it strangles you

#15     Apr 10, 2002
  6. 4.80 means the cards are stacked against you, $7 means you might as well throw in the towel, before it strangles you

Very true...but, unless you're trading 100 contracts a day I don't know where you can get round turns cheaper?

:confused:

#16     Apr 10, 2002
  7. stevet

stevet

Breakout

well, yep, but maybe in your point is an important point for everyone!

#17     Apr 10, 2002

8. Yes...the point being, we are getting screwed in commissions.

Your okay stevet, give me an email sometime.

:D

#18     Apr 10, 2002
  9. stevet

stevet

Breakout

well, not just that, but also that maybe if 100's is how to get the right commision - maybe hundreds is what everyone should be doing - just a wine induced thought!

p.s my broker is my friend - yeh - right!

#19     Apr 10, 2002