futures vs spot

Discussion in 'Forex' started by cloned777777, Aug 25, 2005.

1. 1. does euro currency futures trade 24/7 ?
    2. I am getting so many conflicting euro currency future quotes its not even funny.

is this a jungle , and a lawless land or what

Where can I get reliable euro currency futures price for euro currency for example..

the demo i am using , semms that they are gone for the day , lol

currency trade is indeed a jungle

2. got the answer,

answer is yes

sorry to waste a thread..

3. Are you sure you've got the right answer? :)

1. No. Euro-FX futures (and others) on CME GLOBEX stop trading for an hour every day, 4 - 5pm CT.

2. Unlike spot forex, there should not be any discrepancies among currency futures prices from different sources. There is only one exchange price, bid / ask, at any given time.

4. get your quotes from Rueters or Bloomberg. the forex bucket shops can't help you -- UNLESS you can find an arbitrage one against the other, and I'll bet you could.

Lawless is a big word. Think of it like shopping for a car. You go to various dealers. If you're not on your game, you get fleeced. You have to know what a good price is and what you're willing to deal at. Be a big boy.

5. you read my mind :)
    ..so the answer is they do trade 23 hrs eh ?

i am new to forex...trying to abandon equity

6. The futures trade Sunday 6:00 PM Eastern to Friday at 5:00 PM Eastern time, so it isn't a 7 day market.

And as was stated, the futures take a 1 hour break between 5:00 PM Eastern and 6:00 PM Eastern - the "open".

The only exchange that currently lists currency futures to my knowledge is the CME (though EUREX is talking about it):

www.cme.com

7. Try this site for legit and real time futures quotes on the currencies: (you have to sign up first)

http://equivalentsrdc.cme.com:443/index.html

8. Currency futures also trade on the NYBOT (FINEX) and TIFFE )....LIFFE also offers them..there may be more but off the top of my head thats what ihave