Futures Traders- You are SO misssing out

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Chartiste, Dec 5, 2007.

1. I agree that there are profits to be made all over the place...that was my point. Therefore, I will continue to make money off of stocks and you off of futures.

This has been a very one-sided debate (where were my fellow stocktraders...I serioulsy must be the only one left.) Oh well, maybe that's why it seems easier. The field is not nearly as crowded as it once was.

Anyway, I may add futures as a trading vehicle next year. I was never suggesting futures traders can't make great profits, I was only saying there are times when stock trading has it advantages.

Peace

#21     Dec 5, 2007
  2. Yes, the trading in the ES has sucked lately.

'Days like today [Dec 5th] when the intraday futures moves have been lacklustre', huh? Wow. Now that is an analysis.

#22     Dec 5, 2007
  3. wait a second.

you managed to make 50% return on your uncles account in one day, the same day you claimed nothing happened on the markets.

thats very nice

#23     Dec 5, 2007
  4. Futures are much harder to figure out than stocks. Stocks are easily gamed because the number of players is much smaller, you have institutions and all the big boys playing futures, not as easy to game.

However, futures is probably the better tool for the elite trader, haha. But I doubt there are many elite traders here yapping away.

#24     Dec 5, 2007

5. too busy counting their money probably.

#25     Dec 5, 2007
  6. syrre

syrre

Try telling that to the ones who bought these:

CHNG 7.87 -26.03%
    GFET 1.48 -15.43%
    TRGD 0.44 -13.73%
    DANKY 0.17 -13.16%
    CMCSK 18.01 -12.15%

BTW: How is RIMM doing right now?
    Guess the water got colder and the profits aint steaming no more.

#26     Dec 5, 2007
  7. Futures are much better trading vehicle for pure day trading. I trade both stocks, stocks options and futures. they all have thier strengths and weakness. But for a pure daytrade futures are the way to go better tax structure, easy to short, incredible liquidity, and trade much smoother than stocks. also the major future contracts have plenty of range.

By the way QQQ and SPY are not futures they are indexes. Very big difference.

#27     Dec 5, 2007
  8. QQQQ and SPY are ETF's that track the Nasdaq 100 index (NDX) and the S&P 500 index (SPX).

#28     Dec 5, 2007