Futures Traders- You are SO misssing out

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Chartiste, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Futures aren't SPY's or QQQQ's... those are stocks like you trade. One last point, what if you're on the WRONG side of company specific news? Gotta respect that downside!:D

#11     Dec 5, 2007
  2. lol the OP argument is very weak, 4 stocks that are going up and that's it, futures traders are idiots who don't see the light and are missing out on profit? lol

#12     Dec 5, 2007
  3. fka

fka

Seriously, I would like to know which scanning method you are using BEFORE stocks move up.

Is it a scheme like:

Stock A is up 10% intraday, let´s jump on it for further volatility?

Just curious, seems like aftertiming to me...

#13     Dec 5, 2007

4. You see it as risk, I see it as an indicator of a stock's relative strength/weakness on any given trading day. Comparing the stock to the overall market serves to reinforce trading decisions.

#14     Dec 5, 2007

5. The charts for SPY /ESZ7 and the QQQQs/NQZ7 are virutally identical.

To protect from downside, you have stops and/or puts(calls if short).

#15     Dec 5, 2007
  6. how could you ever suggest stocks are better...this is crazy...yea, go ahead and put out $50,000 for SPY's when you could get way more trading the ES with $3,000!!!!..leverage is everything...trading stocks or SPY's, QQQQ's not worth it...way too much cash needed...this is the hour for the emini...stocks are so "90's"...please re-think you treatise...

#16     Dec 5, 2007
  7. good for you if you make money on stock, but please for christ sake stop the retarded and ignorant comments on profits and future traders.

theres profit to be made all over the place.

#17     Dec 5, 2007
  8. stocks, like mutual funds are so '90's'...can't make any cash with them...the emini's are for now...leverage is the way!!!

#18     Dec 5, 2007
  9. That's a very good question. Having traded stocks for seven years now, I am attuned to ones that inherently are prone to higher volatility (eg. I keep MBI, RIMM, AAPL, ABK, among my list of 25-30 stocks I monitor daily. I add/delete as news or other factors dictate. For instance, I never even knew what ABK was until several months ago...now it is a prime trading vehicle.

I then look for chart setups combined with any relevant news that will drive a stock to certain S/R levels. For instance, today's threat of a Moody's Downgrade to MBI drove that stock straight down 20% to its 52 week low before it bounced.

Since I am tired of paying Uncle Same this year, I was trading my uncle's lousy 50K account today and it is now 75K.This was on several simple relatively low risk trades. This was while the rest of the market was doing basically nothing and this is not the first time for me.

#19     Dec 5, 2007
  10. Follow 3-4 futures indexes or thousands of stocks? No thanx

#20     Dec 5, 2007