Futures Traders- What percentage of your net worth are you trading with?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Zr1Trader, Jul 12, 2011.

1. You think that just because you doubled your account now you can risk twice as much on a trade?

Take it in the shorts and now you have to narrow your stops?

I don't know about you kids.

Doesn't anybody trade the market anymore?

#31     Jul 26, 2011
  2. I'll say this, when the market shows wild fluctuations in the ES or 6E, especially intraday(since Im a scalper), I will scale back the size of my positions to about half the usual size.

Its not about whether the market cares about what your percentage is when entering a position, its about you adapting and reacting to different market conditions. He/she who fails to adapt/change their strategy when the market shows different behaviors(like wild fluctuations/ wide fast swing moves, espec intraday for example)) usually ends up being fried like burnt bacon.

#32     Jul 26, 2011
  3. Gaming theory..... the more sure I am of a trade going my way according to current price action and past performance on same type of trade the more I risk.

Some people are good at it, some aren't and never will be. Period

#33     Jul 26, 2011
  4. you are still dreaming:D market conditions heh? different behaviors heh?

:D :D :D

#34     Jul 26, 2011
  5. Oldtime, I take it you trade the daily or longer time frame, correct?...from what I read from your comments.

#35     Jul 26, 2011
  6. JSHINV

JSHINV

A 1.0% - 1.5% risk per trade is conventional. Some trading books say 2.0%. In a subsequent post you mentioned "you kids." I am not a kid, I am 57 years old.

#36     Jul 26, 2011
  7. You trying to be a smartass?.. Lets do this, lets do a lil bet, $5k prize or more on winning trade percentage and rate of return for 1-3 months or longer, all done thru attorneys. Results are to be verified by 2 CPAs.

Until you wanna concretely show you know more than and are more proficient than me at trading I'd STFU if I were you.

#37     Jul 26, 2011
  8. I offered the same deal to "crgarcia" a while back, never heard from that "know it all" loser, lets see who wants to be his brother(I think I already found someone).

#38     Jul 26, 2011
  9. No,but it`s you who speaks bull caca:D

Only complete bullshiter like you would "change or adapt their strategy when the market ""shows different behavior"""

#39     Jul 26, 2011
  10. Obviously my trading styles differ than yours. So if you are going to compare my apples to your oranges then you can boast any idealogy you want, isn't that right sherlock holmes?

Like I said in the last post, PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS

#40     Jul 26, 2011