Futures Traders. Trading Session.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Mercantoff, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Hi futures traders!

I live in a time zone where I can trade the European and American sessions, but I can't trade all day - it's a little tiring)
    The European session is calmer, but you can catch the starting point of a large movement for the whole day. America is more volatile - you can take profits in the first 30-60 minutes.
    Which session do you trade?)

2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

The day session is the most active and volatile for all markets (generally). You could have volatility spilling into the night session as well if the day session was active. Again, this is typically, and I can not say it's the rule.
    But, consider also trading Asian session and contracts like Mini Hang Send and Mini Nikkei that are liquid and could be volatile as well,

Mercantoff likes this.
    MattZ likes this.
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

9:30am GMT just after last news then trade DAX till 12pm maybe 1pm then news and US Open, then Trade DAX/NQ 3pm to 5pm then it goes slow then if around I trade last 1.5hrs of USA via NQ only 7:30 till 9pm.

Go for a walk after first session, get cake, 2nd session fit in a gym and a swim.

Can't stare at a screen for too long in a single go.

Mercantoff likes this.

5. Hi Turveyd! I see you are trading two sessions.
    I'm trying to build my timing for the day.
    Your sample helpfull, Thanks)

6. Turveyd

Turveyd

It's away from news generally, so the market gets a direction and then you can hold for okay pts from the directional move and generally a direction into the close to jump on aswell.

Chop times are the enemy!

Don't work hard, work clever!!

Mercantoff likes this.
  7. same-o

same-o

I trade whatever time i see i can make a profit

Mercantoff likes this.
  8. maxinger

maxinger

I trade early Asian , early Eur , early US sessions.

Occassionally I trade mid Asian, mid Eur, end US sessions when there are hot events/news during those period.

each session last about 2 hours

Mercantoff likes this.

9. :thumbsup:

10. Hi maxinger!

How much time do you trade on average per day?

#10     Oct 17, 2019