Futures Slightly Lower Ahead Of Jobs Data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by CalScholar, Mar 9, 2007.

1. We are in a highly reactionary market environment ahead of the jobs data, so the activity today should (hopefully) be exciting and nonstop.

Overseas markets in Asia/Pacific were mixed overnight while Europe is in red territory, though not by much.

http://finance.yahoo.com/intlindices?e=europe

Good luck to all and enjoy the action!

2. Arnie

Arnie

Gee. another upward revision to Jan jobs. That's like 8 months in a row they've revised the prev numbers.

I think anyone looking for a rate cut is nuts.

3. S2007S

S2007S

nothing like a "perfect" number.

:p :p :p :p :p

everything revised.

joe kernen and mark hanes said they called the bottom and that the dow is headed to new highs....:p :p :p :p

4. I hope im still around when this fukn thing collapeses
    cant wait to see the scum bags then

5. blast19

blast19

Did you forget to cover? Jeez...take a pill pal. It's about making money, not seeing some dark underworld of positive spinning turned on its head and a bedlam of diminishing returns brought forward as the new heir to the throne.
    :D

6. Notice how the sheep are lining up to buy pre-market. IMO, a rude awakening awaits them. I'll be looking for some discounted short opportunities early on. Some have apparently forgotten that these numbers, while in line with estimates, are not the reflection of a rosy economy. It's also worth noting that our trade deficit with China widened according to latest figures, despite sliding overall.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070309/trade.html?.v=2

Thoughts?

7. Cover? I'm shorting into this thing!

Three open gaps below in the past five sessions? Yeah, that's solid support for a long-term bottom. Glad they backed & filled a real solid base for the CNBC boys' bottom call.

8. some = the market expectation.

no one had great expectations over this winter quarter. stocks trade ahead, not in the present.