Futures Scalping

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by OkComp, Sep 17, 2009.

1. wutang

wutang

Think he meant $300 as an average of the range of $200-$400.

#71     Dec 31, 2009
  2. thanks...let see what he says

#72     Dec 31, 2009

3. Big B what clearing firm gives you $1.58/round turn...is $1.58 just the cme fee or $1.58 is cme + broker fee & clearing fee. I was looking at amp futures....How long does it take with all the paper work to get the lease completed...what is a good clearing firm to bring your lease to to clear trades.

#73     Dec 31, 2009
  4. TGpop

TGpop

fair enough about tax, but scalping in ES not being scalable?!?!?! you can shift 100-200 contracts pretty damn easily with pretty much zero slippage. i stopped scalping as it didn't suit me, i was crap at it, not to mention comissions would have eaten me alive as someone has already said. i do know some very successful scalpers though so it can be done , even without a CME seat

#74     Jan 2, 2010
  5. Quote from limitupmike:

First things first... scalping is not scaleable.. in any market.. even one as deep as the e-mini S&P 500!

MIKE ...

If what you mean is that scalping is not infinitely scalable -- you can not do 5,000 lots even in ES -- then your statement is technically accurate. But no instrument or contract is infinitely scaleable.

Although I do not trade in size it is my understanding that 100 lots and better are routinely doable in ES without slippage and at times during the open 500 lots can slip right through without so much as a hiccup.

#75     Jan 2, 2010