Futures ramping another big rally coming

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Apr 18, 2008.

1. You seem to be the typical bull market trader where you think it will do this and it does because its always good to "buy the dip". I dont believe this is just another dip in a bull market, but a bear market that will last a few years or several years.

You made a profit on Goog, but you never told us how much you lost from being long the last 6 months. I believe you disappeared for a while and then came back once to say how you were underwater.

Im not trying to degrade you, but I believe those are the facts.

Another fact is the SPX could not get over 1550 with a lot more margin on the market then in 2000. I believe the top of the margin was about 270 in 2000 and in 2007 it was somewhere north of about 350. Sorry too lazy to look up the data.

As we move lower, I expect relief rallies. Thats the value behind long-dated puts as you know where the price will go or at least you think you know and you can afford to wait it out while price does its dance up and down.

Thats how you invest on the short-side;)

#11     Apr 18, 2008
  2. Goog up 90+

Glad I held.

Jack, ALL your predictions here have been wrong

Ford is above 7, FSLR is at near record highs, the SPY cleared the triple top, etc.

#12     Apr 18, 2008

3. Hope you pushed a big candle up the ass of bears with GOOG. Its up 95 points! Congrats.

#13     Apr 18, 2008
  4. 20% in one day :eek:

#14     Apr 18, 2008
  5. Lynn_cn

Lynn_cn

congrats,every one make mony .

#15     Apr 18, 2008
  6. Thanks, best luck to you, too.

#16     Apr 18, 2008
  7. Ford was a wrong call. I never said anything about Goog.

FSLR is still out. Its still sloshing around up top.

The Spy has not cleared through the resistance.

As well, I think your throwing stones in a glass house. All last year you were pounding the pavement on being long then the indexes started coming down for 6+ months straight.

Now there is a reaction rally and your celebrating the great bull market.

Did you or did you not say that your portfolio was in the red because of holding through 2007? I believe there are some posts here from you that I am just too lazy to bring up.

#17     Apr 18, 2008