futures props

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by carcanaques, Feb 22, 2008.

1. i meant it in a hypothetical way. basically you have more leverage than u actually need.

#11     Feb 23, 2008
  2. I'm in Chicago - Wolverine Trading has an office in New York, you might check them out -

#12     Feb 23, 2008
  3. Thanks Danny. I'll do that.

#13     Feb 23, 2008
  4. less than 2500 of margin per contract is simply stupid for futures, I have a minimum of 7500 margin for every contract I trade, too much volatility.

#14     Feb 23, 2008
  5. True prop is -the firm gives u levarge- otherise if u have to put cash down its " retail trading"

#15     Feb 23, 2008
  6. I agree that you don't want to over leverage.

I never trade more than 1 ES per $3k, or 1 ER2 per $5k. otherwise you are going to have really high percentage losses from time to time, and if ya get in a bad streak, yer screwed, The only exception to this is if you are scalping a few tics per trade, and have a stop of a few tics per trade. This is very difficult however.

Jay

#16     Feb 23, 2008
  7. Danny, I checked out their website and it seems to me their prop trading activities are very technical hedges and the like. Do they provide for unhedged trading? Looks like they want recent college grads to train in their systems/methods.

Also, I can't tell if they want traders to put up cash and leverage of that with the firm's capital or some other arrangement? Can you elaborate?

#17     Feb 23, 2008
  8. Not sure, but I would imagine that they might have some purely directional traders and I would doubt that you would need to put up money.

Looking a little deeper I saw that Transmarket Group and Goldenberg, Hehmeyer (GHCO) also have offices in NY -

#18     Feb 23, 2008
  9. wolverine is an options firms who only trades spooz futures to hedge option positions look at this list
    http://www.traderslog.com/proprietarytradingfirms.htm

There are many more (Futures props) in Chi-town but with the NYMEX floor coming to an end soon like the financial floors did here in Chicago maybe try with an energy firm looking to move off the floor. I would try Transmarket, Breakwater, GHCO and Infinium CM...to name a few they trade equity futures but really make their $ trading yield curve as a specialty.

#19     Feb 24, 2008