Futures prop shop ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by felichka, Dec 20, 2003.

1. I think he was looking for a PROP shop not a PRO. The advantages of a lot lower commission rates then retail - (depending on the product $3-4 lower) and the use of someone elses money so their is NO risk to you. I don't know all the ones in chicago but the couple that pop in my head are Transmarket and GHCO. I don't know where the offices are located there but at least it is a couple of places that you can look up. Transmarket does mostly spread trading and I don't know about GHCO.

#21     Dec 21, 2003
  2. Why Chicago I am looking in New York.

#22     Dec 21, 2003
  3. Sorry I meant New York. Most of the ones I have heard of are in chicago although Transmarket and GHCO are in both cities.

#23     Dec 21, 2003
  4. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you the same day, but I had some personal business that I have been taking care of over the last couple days. I was going to get back to you on Monday. If you still have any ?'s PM me I might be able to lead you to some firms in the new york/ new jersery area. I will call some people and see what I can find out.

#24     Dec 21, 2003
  5. If you can lead me to some companies in New York I would appreciate your help.

#25     Dec 21, 2003
  6. I'm going to make some calls tomorrow. I don't know who will be in ahead of the holidays. I may not have any answers for you until Monday or Tuesday of next week. I WILL TRY TO FIND SOME SHOPS FOR YOU TO LOOK AT. Please be patient. I'm heading back to Chicago for the holidays( that's where I'm originally from) and will talk to some friends there as well.

#26     Dec 21, 2003
  7. Thank you.

#27     Dec 21, 2003
  8. thanks everyone for the information, it is now clear to me the advantage of prop futures.

best,

surfer :)

#28     Dec 21, 2003
  9. Can someone send me some info or PM me for a prop firm in NY that daytrades futures. Also if any training is offered? Thanks.

#29     Jan 31, 2007
  10. I know this thread is over 5 years old and the company redwood is out of business now. So you were right. But "how do we check thier financial statements?". Are they suppose to list this information on their website? I don't see nothing on any of these websites. And what are we looking for in the financial statements? Are we looking for assets over 5 mill? Or would 5 bill be better? Or 1 bill? What do we look for? I hope nobody joined this redwood vegas office that the original thread was about. They aren't there any more. Their financials must have been lowwwww.

#30     Feb 1, 2007