Futures prop shop ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by felichka, Dec 20, 2003.

1. I am really interested in trading futures. I would really wont to visit any futures prop shop in New York area to see how people trade it and speak to them if it is possible at all.
    I sent my inquiries (expressing my interest) to many futures companies that advertise here.
    Here is what I got back so far :

FFastTrade did not answer at all (why bother ?)
    Velocity_Trader did not answer.
    VelocityFutures sent me email stating that they have the best commissions (did I ask for this ?) and told me that they do not have any office in New York.
    SpikeTrading informed me that they do not have any office in New York and assured me that they have the best commissions on the market but refused to tell me any numbers.
    ManFinancial answered that they do not have any office in New York and did not give any numbers about commissions.

Who can I contact in New York ? What do I have left here Echo and Bright ?

Thank you in advance.

2. I will send you a PM later with some information that can help you with your decision...right now I am off for some Christmas shopping...TTYL!

Merry Christmas ALL!

Chris

3. Thanks.

I am looking forward to it.

4. I have spent some time with the crew at the Las Vegas Redwood Trading office and I would recommend them to any one interested for Futures or Equities trading. Contact me through the PM for any questions you might have.

Happy Holidays!

Chris

5. Did you check their financial statements ? Please do this before placing money here. I have heard they are on shaky ground. BE carefULL. LOOK before you LEap.

THe rabbit knows

jaCK

6. Ooops !!!

7. Sashe

Sashe

Why dont you open an individual futures account at let's say IB and trade there? People go to prop shop cause they want to get high leverage on equities, but futures already overleveraged as they are now.

8. I would really wont to visit any futures prop shop in New York area to see how people trade it and speak to them if it is possible at all.

9. Sashe

Sashe

there are any futures prop shops in NY are but who knows.
    Sounds too risky for a manager to run such a shop but again I will try to look it up also. Cheers

10. experience trading or are you extremely bright and motivated?

are you under 30 yrs old ?

there is a company in nyc that accepts resumes and
    interns .... it is very hard to get job there
    but you never know what might happen
    unless you try.

they also have 1-2 times a yr seminar , but it is not free

let me know if you interested in name of company

#10     Dec 21, 2003