Futures pricing vs spot forex pricing

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Darkside, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Assuming one is using the front month contract for futures, would one be able to reasonably use futures charts to trade spot fx? Are they similar enough?

To clarify- I would be trading one an end of day basis with a holding period of 2-3 days - 1 month or more.....

would the prices be close enough to use the charts?

This may seem stupid, and hell, it may be stupid....but I was wondering...so I'd appreciate anyone's patience who could answer this question without ripping me a new one. LOL

2. Yes. The spot and futures price have to be "equivalent", otherwise the market would be giving away "free money".

3. Awesome, so it wouldn't be too crazy to use futures charts on spot forex? Unnecessary and silly maybe, but possible?

Thanks again.

4. Thanks KGB.

Thats exactly what I was looking for.

5. Surdo

Surdo

I only trade Fx futures but use SPOT charts for my analysis.
    If you watch SPOT, it usually leads the futures, if you are using a longer TF , it really does not matter.

surdo

6. Good observation - you could use the futures charts to trade the fx, esp if you need volume in your analysis.

7. Yeah I was looking into SMR charts, as I really like the almost spartan set up. Keeps me focused and they have the charts more specifically geared to my style of trading, well at least the shorter term style.

Thanks for the info and the ideas.