Futures Platform:

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by daydreaming, May 11, 2003.

1. My dream futures execution platform:

1. Very reliable. It never goes down.
    2. It's fast.
    3. Front end. It is loaded on my computer. No Web BS.
    4. It shows the Depth of the Market.
    5. It is easy to customize and offers Hot Keys. For example, I
    could set up F1 to buy 1 ES market, F2 to buy 2 ES market,
    F5 to sell 1 market and so on.
    6. It is offered by a discount online broker.

Any idea if my dream futures execution platform exists?

2. I've been using J-Trader for the past week. It seems to have all of the features you're asking for. Many firms have that platform.
    I believe its put out by a company called patsystems. Do a search on this site to find out more.

There's another popular platform called x-trader by Trading Technologies. Seems to be a bit more customizable but I have not used it.

3. My dream futures execution platform:

1. Very reliable. It never goes down.
    2. It's fast.
    3. Front end. It is loaded on my computer. No Web BS.
    4. It shows the Depth of the Market.
    5. It is easy to customize and offers Hot Keys. For example, I
    could set up F1 to buy 1 ES market, F2 to buy 2 ES market,
    F5 to sell 1 market and so on.
    6. It is offered by a discount online broker.

Any idea if my dream futures execution platform exists?

J-trader with the extra addon named PIG (price injector gun) which most brokers do not offer with J-trader.

http://www.LionsFutures.com

Michael B.

4. bone

bone

I manage to frappe 200,000 futures a month on X-Trader Pro MD by Trading Technologies. I don't know of a faster platform on the market.

5. kobyco

kobyco

6. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

IB has all that you require.
    www.interactivebrokers.com

$2.40 per contract for e-minis.
    You can also set-up hotkeys so that you can hit one key, which will send a market order. (or limit or stop order).

If you check some of the other threads there is plenty of information about us from users.

7. I wish you could put stop orders from the dome window. Other then that the software seems decent. I would like to use TT someday too. I heard it is more polished.

8. Quah

Quah

It absolutely DOES NOT exist because of your first requirement.

9. Cornhole-
    You can put stop orders from the dome window. Use the right click on your mouse. Thats one of the features I love.
    Happy Trading.

uptik2000

10. So say you want to put a buy stop in above the market. The market is at 2280 and you want to put the buy stop at 2285. You go to the bid side of the window to the price you want and right click the button. Let me know if this is correct please. If that is correct then that would be great. As you can see I am a new user to the software too and still trying to figure out all the little things about it.

#10     May 12, 2003