Futures or Stocks?! The truth

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Spectra, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Yes, I was a member of a stock day trading arena awhile back. Some of the users were able to short the stock being played, some werent. It was frustrating at times but those things go along with trading stocks and should be considered first. At least we can all be on the same page with the e-mini.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#51     Feb 19, 2007
  2. SPECTRA...........thank you for not posting rubbish like how to make $100k a year with a $3000 account.......i dont agree with all your points but i am glad you not trying to mislead newbies........like so many before you have done

#52     Feb 19, 2007
  3. is there any online articles explaining how to notice these so called market makers orders?

do you just see them in the dom, how do you know they are not just a big fish?

#53     Feb 19, 2007
  4. asap

asap

ahahah.

there are market makers or not?

the fact is MM's exist whenever there is no liquidity to offer prospective buyers and sellers a fair market value for their orders.

#54     Feb 19, 2007
  5. If you want to be a market maker try tradesports.com. It used to be $5,000 you could be a market maker. Did it for awhile. Fun but you need to get in on the right events to make it work, not a fun way to watch a monday night game till 12:30 am. I think they just split off their event trading from sport trading to get around US banking/gambling laws. Trading the end of day on the dow is a great way to cut your teeth trading for a couple hundred $$$$. I had $50 liquid in my account last fall during college ball and traded it up to $1,400 on the end of day dow in a couple weeks. unfortunately I could not parlay it any further. Got cocky with size. You can get some quick action when it is bouncing around the strike and you get in on the right side. There are a couple regulars there in the chatroom that make their living trading the dow and a big mm.

#55     Feb 19, 2007
  6. larrybf,

No problem. I will be hated across the land by posting the truth. Trading is hard work and there is no way around that.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#57     Feb 20, 2007
  7. (I just posted this on the 5% thread, seems to agree with your thoughts).

Well, the phrase "leading a horse to water" comes to mind, and some people just aren't cut out to work hard enough to make this gig work for them. Even at that, I guess we're 500% better than the "average"business venture.

Many leave, not for financial reasons, but for the very reasons stated above...not willing to apply themselves well enough, or spend enough time each week (off market hours) to make things work. Believe me, we can teach 10 people the same thing, ask them for a review 6 months later and only half will even have a journal, a business plan, a detailed p&l analysis, generally some of the things to "make it work".

So many simply expect this to be "easy" - and it's not. It is "simple" (trading is simple overall)...but not "easy" - you have to work at it, listen to others (another problem, LOL), and be willing to say "I dont' understand" rather than just sit there and smile...with their ego's infringed upon.

Don

#58     Feb 20, 2007
  8. ==================
    Exactly, and that makes it questionable for learning, [leveraging ignorance]

Good derivatives points Sniper;
    especially specializing in a few or one ,
    makes it more productive:cool:

:cool:

#59     Feb 20, 2007
  9. Don,
    Agreed. I just posted a short blog rant on this on our site http://www.puretick.com/blog

Cajun

#60     Feb 22, 2007