Futures or Stocks?! The truth

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Spectra, Jan 11, 2007.

1. '

is that true? last year I still had to list my trades - each and everyone of them. Are you saying I just do a net P&L for the year?

#11     Jan 12, 2007
  2. Yes for the futures trades thats all I list

#12     Jan 12, 2007
  3. Point being, you can let yourself go awol in equities and probably still come out alive by 4pm -- much more forgiving. In futures every day can be your last, they will give you that much rope if you take it.

#13     Jan 12, 2007
  4. Neet

Neet

Couldn't agree more.

#14     Jan 12, 2007
  5. Most stock traders that switch over trade indeces via Globex. Its computer matched. No humans intervene. I get fills in about half a second.

#15     Jan 12, 2007
  6. ER9

ER9

lol....aint that the truth.

#16     Jan 12, 2007
  7. Tcbjx9

Tcbjx9

just started trading futures not too long ago and must say i agree with most everything on this list.

#17     Jan 13, 2007
  8. Daal

Daal

What about differences in tax rates, is there any?

#18     Jan 13, 2007
  9. andread

andread

Just for curiosity: how would that compare to Forex? Forex also seems to have similar advantages

#19     Jan 13, 2007
  10. It does, and there are currency futures... but the main disadvantage I know of with forex is that (as far as I know) it's nearly impossible to scalp. You don't get to see order flow or a level II, so position or purely technically trading makes sense, but scalping like one can in futures or equities isn't feasable.

#20     Jan 13, 2007