Futures market opening bracket trades

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by 5Pillars, May 28, 2006.

1. Finished my trades today by 09:37 est with a 1.2% hit for the ES short account and had a nice 1.4% hit for the EC short account.

2.6% for the day. Now I am going to use the rest of my day for learning the rest of the features of the NinjaTrader with TT feed platform and some ER2 bracket backtesting.

#31     Jun 8, 2006
  2. Another sweet and quick win. I hope this keeps going for you as volatility slows down in the mid to late summer (typically).

I know you scale into you trades, but how many ES points was there between your first entry and exit (or last exit if there were multiple exits)?

Do you scale out as well?

Thanks.

Sandy

#32     Jun 8, 2006
  3. 7 ticks first in to last out with the current stacks that I use to scale in and scale out.

There is another part of this strategy that I have to handle the choppy opens that get me to 1% or better also - that situation is built into the mechanics of the trade for when needed. :)

#33     Jun 8, 2006
  4. Whatever you're doing to deal w/ chop is a level beyond anything I did.
    How long since you took a daily net loss using this approach?

#34     Jun 8, 2006
  5. One day in April had 4 pivot moves within my brackets and the 5th price move cleaned me up to get 1.2% - that was the longest trade I was in for the year. I have had a few days that I took breakeven or close when the market was not giving me any movement right away. For the year I have averaged over 1% per day and the increase in volatility is really helping alot.

#35     Jun 8, 2006
  6. When you hit chop, does your position modification logic boil down to a Martingale approach?

#36     Jun 8, 2006
  7. No - something different. :)

#37     Jun 9, 2006
  8. How did today work out for you?

Did you go long then short, or did your bracket keep you out until the short got going? Clearly the short is where you made your 1+% today.

#38     Jun 9, 2006
  9. SG66 - Yes I forgot to post todays trades.

The ES trade was short account only for me and out by 09:37 est with 1.2%. The EC trade If I remember right had some long account contracts stop out, and the short account made the hit for a trade profit of 1.3% in about 11 minutes.

For the day that was 2.5% after commissions - Monday my order stacks will be ever so slightly larger to account for this weeks gains to maintain a 1% per product objective.

#39     Jun 9, 2006
  10. Fascinating...Thanks Sandy for your persistence...

#40     Jun 9, 2006