futures leaving bulls dismayed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Credit bubbles never end prettty. This time should be no different. Personally would like to see a few rallies here and there.

Basically, we are just starting another credit bubble with these cuts again and the whole thing comes full circle again...

I don't know what the freegin solution is....

#11     Jan 23, 2008
  2. Mvic

Mvic

Come on people, obviously we had to retest the lows especially with that apple outlook. Now we have a nice double bottom to trade off of. I have a bearish outlook for the next year at least but we should bounce here in to the end of the month. The pre open bids are not nearly as harsh as they were yesterday, for example I saw bids yesterday of 38 and change on HPQ, this morning well above 41.

By the way if anyone still believes in the PPT why weren't the futures up overnight? If there was ever a time for them to act it was last night. Fact is they don't exist in the way many on ET presume.

Looking for 1370-80 in the next few weeks on the futures.

#12     Jan 23, 2008
  3. Here is the reason, the ES will be fucked

#13     Jan 23, 2008
  4. I really still dont believe this is the start of a multiyear bear. The last couple of years, the ascent of the market wasn't overly exagerrated. It wasn't like the ascent prior to the dotcom bust.

I honestly would like to see another run for the highs but this time, in a very short period of time finishing off with a blowoff top. Until I see that, I don't believe we'll see a prolonged selloff.

#14     Jan 23, 2008
  5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

we saw a double top on the dow and s&p followed by a sell off. thats confirmation enough for me.

#15     Jan 23, 2008
  6. It would take a sneak attack 375 bp cut to 0% to hit all time highs again(in a short period)lol

I just want a fresh new trading range.

#16     Jan 23, 2008
  7. LOL, funnies quote of the week! :D

#17     Jan 23, 2008
  8. =====================
    Yes well that's the down-trend in most, not all sectors;
    so more downside likely, as you say.

Probably not worrysome to those who are working sectors uptrending, even if not many of those.LOL:cool:

#18     Jan 23, 2008
  9. You underestimate this bull too much. Look what happened to you last year. Tread with caution, pump. The market isn't this transparent, it's meant to screw the most people.

#19     Jan 23, 2008
  10. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

"meant to screw people". that is true.

#20     Jan 23, 2008