Futures.io - anyone an elite member ?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by syswizard, May 9, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

BM and his crew have so much turnover it is barely a bat of his eyelash to kick/ban someone. His website is truly in the business of being a profit machine, with no goal other than to make money by grabbing more usershare. The contests he has each month? You think he loses money on that? No, he MAKES money. He makes money on EVERY THING HE DOES on that site.

And good on him! That is what he intending. Once you understand that, you can understand why he does the things he does there. It's all groovy...man.

#31     May 19, 2019
  2. Pigsky

Pigsky

Yeah, it is all about money. The journal contests drive up site traffic, the prizes he gives are nothing compared to what he makes off it. He is so into making money off his userbase that when he was sued by AMP futures he set up a Donation page so the users could pay his legal fees. LOL!!!
    All the talk about BMT's mission to help traders is just his way of trying to differentiate himself from his competition and gain more market share for himself.

But if I were him I would try to make money off it too. I just like to poke fun at it now and then, because he has been very critical of others in the business (including Baron) as if he is some kind of angel.

#32     May 19, 2019
    Overnight likes this.
  3. futures.io not worth it.
    no discounts given either

#33     Jun 14, 2019
  4. faet

faet

Hi Overnight, I disagree about this:

I frequent both sites. Lately I have been on ET more often but everytime I'm here I need to make sure my cringe reflex is well rested because I sure as hell will need it.

Today I reported a user posting heavily in the Politics section because, to me, they are polluting the forum with what can certainly be construed as racial hatred.
    Then it occurred to me to check the Feedback section and I saw that there is an entire thread about it (closed now). It seems ET's attitude is 'Meh. If you don't like it don't read it' and perhaps there is a different threshold of what's considered acceptable or not here.

Another issue I have with ET is topic derailment. Starting to read a thread only to find out on page 2 that the topic is being hijacked is a regular occurrence.
    You don't have these two issues on the other forum.

Now you say BMT's goal is just to get more usershare. Surely keeping a tight ship and banning users goes against that?

I would argue that ET and BMT have slightly different business models but if this website is purely advertisement-funded then the owners have a vested interest in banning as few people as possible, which is consistent with the looser control on what goes on.

Of course each business model has its own merits and demerits. There is no politics discussion on the other site for example. But I find that here perhaps too much of a free reign is given to users. It may very well be that I'm just accustomed to a different environment ('to each his own') and that's fine.

Bottom line, I agree more with your earlier post where you say "he should go with both, and if/when he has to decide on one or the other, he should do so based upon the quality of content, and the treatment by the establishment."

#34     Jul 11, 2020
    Macallik and wrbtrader like this.
  5. DevBru

DevBru

Futures.io is a joke, at least they became one recent months.

Non paying members are getting banned for going in discussions/arguments with paying members, even if the paying member is obviously lying ...

Big Mike is even posting how he can't understand why anyone would be a long time member without paying and is basically begging people to become elite members.

There is little extra value in the elite section, except for some custom indicators, which i don't use anymore :rolleyes:.

#35     Jul 15, 2020
    p0box4 and Laissez Faire like this.
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Baron is fully aware of those type of "hatred threads".

Yet, due to free speech...they will just put up a warning statement that if you're offended...don't read the Politics thread section but in reality...it applies to the entire forum although not specifically stated as such.

This is how I view the situation. The forum is dependent upon sponsors...it's most likely a decent income source for Baron.

In today's atmosphere of individuals (e.g. Karen's) being exposed and businesses no longer tolerating that attitude...

I truly believe the sponsors sees what's going on at this forum too just like sponsors / partners in those situations you see on TV. Simply, they pull their dollars away. They do not want to be associated with forums, social media sites that are tolerant of that type of hate / misinformation / disinformation.

Facebook recently lost 7 Billions of dollars @ https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...oses-7-billion-as-companies-drop-facebook-ads

Another view for those that do not subscribe to Bloomberg...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/companies-boycotting-facebook-ads-why-different-than-other-boycott/

Money talks and so far, it seems like the sponsors of this forum are very tolerant of what's going on in certain sections of this forum but it does not imply you need to have the same tolerance. Seriously, social media is a very powerful double edge sword...things will change fast if all the sponsors got together and discussed their options about what's going in certain sections of this forum.

Now imagine if membership, instead of being silent, decided to talk to the sponsors ?

I myself am a customer (client) of two particular sponsors of Elitetrader.com although I was their client prior to them being a sponsor of this forum. If I see any hate posts about Indigenous...the sponsors will hear from me if I wasn't satisfy with the response by ET management.

Trading forums are not immune to the reactions by sponsors.

In fact, any trading forum (including Elitetrader.com) that gets income from sponsors...they are all susceptible to public outrage about allowing this type of hate to remain on their platforms.

I myself prefer to not notify ET management when those types of hate messages / misinformation / disinformation are posted. Thus, I rather let it stand as it is so all can see it...including the sponsors able to see it.

Simply, if the messages are deleted after you reported the message / trader, one can then say it never happen.

There's been too many times I've reported these types of messages including personal attacks laced with extensive profanity...management deletes them but the trader will later then denies ever posting it via the - I don't know what you're talking about. :D

At the end of the day, there's not a trading forum immune to the typical crap you see elsewhere on social media sites not related to trading.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    #36     Jul 15, 2020
    faet likes this.
  7. faet

faet

Yes and that was my original point. The business model is different and that perhaps includes different levels of what's considered acceptable.

As for "free speech", I think that's a huge red-herring. Today in the name of free-speech we are supposed to tolerate garbage, including massive fake news/orchestrated disinformation campaigns designed to make Homeland's Brett O'Keefe look like a dilettante.

I disagree about keeping junk content on a site - any site. It diminishes the site's quality, in my view.

But, as I said, that's my own preference.

#37     Jul 16, 2020
  8. NinjaTrader Receive a $100 discount off a new lifetime multi-broker license2 (view website)
    DTN IQFeed 50% off the first 3-months or 20% off an annual subscription, both with no setup fee, to DTN IQfeed3 (view website)
    Tradervue Journaling Receive a 20% discount off your monthly subscription and a 30-day money back guarantee4 (view website)
    Speedy Trading Servers Receive one free month of service with a new three month subscription5 (view website)
    TopstepTrader Receive a 20% discount off a Combine purchase6 (view website)
    Al Brooks Receive a free month in Al Brooks Trading Room w/purchase of Al Brooks Trading Course7 (view website)
    Jigsaw daytradr Receive a 10% discount on any Jigsaw Trading daytradr Platform purchase8 (view website)
    Jigsaw Journalytix Receive a 10% discount on any Journalytix Automated Statistics & Leaderboard purchase9 (view website)
    Earn2Trade Receive 25% off The Gauntlet™, Gauntlet Mini™, or Bootcamp program11 (view website)
    Ironbeam 30 days commission free Micro E-Mini trading for new accounts12 (view website)
    Ironbeam FREE trading platform and CME data for 2020. No monthly or transactional fees13 (view website)
    Lightspeed Open a New Futures Account, Get up to $10,000 Cash Back14 (view website)
    SharkIndicators Receive a $150 discount on a BloodHound Ultimate license15 (view website)
    SharkIndicators Receive a $250 discount on a BlackBird trade manager license15 (view website)
    StockBuddies Receive 20% off your entire order (view website)

#38     Jul 23, 2020
  9. jungle

jungle

Big Mike at futures.io charges $100 for elite membership.
    Elite members can access more posts and resources.
    I became an elite member around May 2020.
    As I am new to futures trading and interested in learning, I did download some Ninjatrader strategies.
    After a while, I tried to log in yesterday and found my password did not work.
    After resetting the password, I was shocked to see that I was banned for a fraud.
    (attached file, for details)
    I am 100% sure it is an error and asked the details of my 'fraud' through their appeal box.
    A separate email was also sent to Big Mike.
    Until now, Big Mike has no answer and my account remained locked out.
    I wonder if anyone has a similar experience and how I can resolve it.
    If Big Mike demands you to prove you are innocent, I ask him to report my case to the authority.
    If Big Mike cannot come up with evidence, I have to question the legitimacy of futures.io.

#39     Oct 27, 2020
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Nope, yer done there. Hope you enjoyed sending him that money, and all the extra value you got from it.

#40     Oct 27, 2020