Futures Hammered but why?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joovenile Jatt, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Washington: "We Know Drama"

#21     Jul 24, 2011
  2. This is Hammered

[​IMG]

#22     Jul 25, 2011
  3. Wasn't the president going to meet with Pelosi and Reed during the evening?

#23     Jul 25, 2011
  4. a resignation would be nice about now. ES +200 on that

[​IMG]

#24     Jul 25, 2011
  5. gtor514

gtor514

This is quite possibly one of the most brilliant statements I've read on E.T. Every trader and investor in the U.S. should read this.

It appears to support my opinion that capitalism is dead in America and has been replaced by corporatism. Big business, loves big government and they love Obama. That's why Wall Street is such big donors to his campaign. Even though the left spins the idea that because the republicans are for lower taxes they are for Wall Street and their corporate jets. Republicans are shooting themselves in the ass to give Wall street tax breaks and Wall street turns around and gives it back to Obama, strange.

I think the market is/was up all last week because of the speculation that a deal would be struck and an announcement would send the market way up and nobody wanted to be short. This was Thursdays action when rumors where out that Obama had agreed to a deal with Boehner. I think people are going to start questioning that plan.

#25     Jul 25, 2011
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Dont worry bulls, every time there is a little sell off the bulls start to whine and cry, why? Everyone knows Bubble ben bernanke will come and rescue the markets if there is a substantial sell off, so dont worry about a small 1% drop tomorrow morning because by late afternoon the markets will be propped back and on the way to yearly highs and if not tomorrow they have the rest of the week to prop it back up. Every analysts and talking money manager is bullish on this market, everyone is calling for 1400-1500 by the end of 2011, some are even calling for 2000 on the SPX, so please stop the crying and buy the dips.

And

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE DEBT CEILING, for the millionth time they will have everything ready to go by August 2nd as the debt ceiling WILL BE RAISED by then and everything will be just fine.

#26     Jul 25, 2011
  7. Buyers of the retreat?

#27     Jul 25, 2011
  8. achilles28

achilles28

What do you suppose the Government does with all that borrowed money?

What is the economic impact of spending all that money into the economy?

Give it some serious thought............

#28     Jul 25, 2011

9. These numbers were available many weeks in advance, so I don't think that has anything to do with expectations changing.

#29     Jul 25, 2011
  10. Expecting a similar chart pattern when we open at 4 am to the way we started this futures session.

#30     Jul 25, 2011