Futures Hammered but why?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joovenile Jatt, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe he's short.

#11     Jul 24, 2011
  2. the1

the1

If you are talking about the continent of Asia then you would be correct but the single biggest holder of US Debt is the Federal Reserve.

http://clarionadvisory.com/?p=11673

#12     Jul 24, 2011
  3. It really proves the point that it's nothing more than a politicized index. The S&P has doubled in just over 2 years off the lows and all these pols. are concerned with is the bad press from the market selling off. It's beyond pathetic.

If not for the doubling in the price of gasoline over the past two years, the plebes would be right on board with all this nonsense.

#13     Jul 24, 2011
  4. I think market is down a bit because GDP is expected to be 1.6% when it's reported this Friday. Watch for anyone dropping their numbers before the event and any forecasts for Q3.

#14     Jul 24, 2011
  5. Is this a serious Question....

The way Bernanke eats his sandwich can drop the Es 20 points..

Debt talks breaking down close to D-days is a pretty fucking catastrophic..

Europe has been transfixed with our default for almost a year, we are showing just how dysfunctional we really are..

#15     Jul 24, 2011
  6. and ES is only -0.9%. This is very bullish!
    Wall of worry, etc.

#16     Jul 24, 2011
  7. [​IMG]

#17     Jul 24, 2011
  8. +1000

Politicians pimp the Dow Jones for their own agendas.

#18     Jul 24, 2011
  9. samus

samus

This Aug 2 deadline is absolute nonsense. It's turbo tax cheat Geithners artificial timetable geared more toward our politicians vacation schedule and getting the hell out of DC than any contrived bullshite default. The bills will be paid, behind the scene networking with Moody's will be done, back slapping and deal making as usual. The drama queen in chief will make it appear he pulled a rabbit out of his hat to save the world. Usual bullshite politics.

I could care less if the market is up or down.. just give me volatility and I'll make money.

#19     Jul 24, 2011
  10. +1

#20     Jul 24, 2011