Futures Gone Negative Already!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dsq, Oct 8, 2008.

1. dsq

dsq

wow,dow futures was up over 200 and now DOWN 75!!!What a difference a few minutes makes...holy crap...

2. m22au

m22au

XLF -1% is what I'm watching. Just amazing.

I'm not sure if this is calling it too early, but what if today was another 5% plus down day, in the face of the rate cut?

Now that I've posted this, the stockmarket will probably prove me wrong and close in the green today.

3. gnome

gnome

The rate cut's impact is mostly psychological... Whether rates are 2.0 or 1.5% makes no economic difference whatsoever.

4. S2007S

S2007S

Its a joke, if they had just let the economy go into a recession back in 2001-2002 we WOULD NOT be in this situation today, thats why the markets are suffering. The markets have been inflated with monopoly money thats why we are having this crisis, the sad thing is you would think guys like greenspan and bernanke would know the way to go about fixing a problem is not throwing everything and anything at it, but to let time and the free markets fix it.

FOOOOLS

5. achilles28

achilles28

Yep, you're right.

Its all bout those banks now.

6. m22au

m22au

I agree to a large extent - however my initial thought 1.5 hours ago was that a rate cut would be a good excuse for a green day today. We'll wait and see how the next 7 hours unfold.

7. People are panicking and be irrational right now.

8. TT1

TT1

They should have waited until our markets were open like 10 am et, to make a rate cut decision!!!

9. ElCubano

ElCubano

imagine what the real numbers must be.....whats worse than TOXIC??

10. In keeping with my mechanical theme, since that's what I know, wild swings are a precursor to a total meltdown. Prior to catastrophic failure in a motor you will see wild fluctuations. Power will surge, then fall off, surge, fall off. Keep trying to run it...it and the system it runs will blow apart completely.
    DOW will fall to 9000 today, hold and surge for awhile, fall catastrophically to below 8000 sooner than later.

#10     Oct 8, 2008