Futures Going To Get Killed Tonight!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Doji?

You are a bit early. Don't forget about fund capital deployment and shorts covering ahead of merger monday.

#11     Nov 30, 2006
  2. just21

just21

U.S. Warns of Cyber Attack on Financial Institutions (Update2)

By Jeff Bliss

Nov. 30 (Bloomberg) -- A U.S. Homeland Security Department unit issued an advisory about a potential attack on U.S. financial institutions' computers, a department spokeswoman said.

The U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team, which sent the warning to financial institutions earlier today, had ``no information to corroborate'' the seriousness of the threat, spokeswoman Joanna Gonzalez said.

The advisory stemmed from a posting on the Web site of a group called al-Firdaws urging an attack on financial institutions, said a Homeland Security Department official who spoke on condition of anonymity. Al-Firdaws is related to al- Qaeda, the Islamic radical group behind the Sept. 11 attacks, according to the Center for Nonproliferation Studies.

The Homeland Security official said that the Web site posting called for denial of service attacks against financial institution Web sites starting tomorrow and continuing through the ``infidel new year.''

Such attacks may try to cripple a Web site with a flood of e-mails, for example.

The al-Firdaws posting, which was translated by U.S. authorities, asked for people with computer skills to conduct the attacks on their own, the official said.

Russ Knocke, a Homeland Security Department spokesman, said the posting ``is a relatively unsophisticated threat and something that these institutions are well fortified for.''

#12     Nov 30, 2006
  3. When? On 11/27/2007?

#13     Nov 30, 2006
  4. You have officially won the special ET "THE SKY IS FALLING" AWARD!!!:D

#14     Nov 30, 2006
  5. I wouldn't be so sure about selloff tomorrow

my technicals tell me that tomorrow could be up as easily as down

so I ain't trading ES tomory

but hey we are all too smart and have our own opinions :)

#15     Nov 30, 2006
  6. we are betting on an up day tomorrow.

good luck!

surfer:D

#16     Nov 30, 2006
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

oh boy, there was a sell off starting at 3:30, somebody already know something? can't wait until tomorrow.

#17     Nov 30, 2006
  8. LOL~

Don't worry, everyone stay calm.

:D

#18     Nov 30, 2006
  9. john99

john99

The NYSE floor had problems with their quotes today,(first time they ever had this type of problem, they had to take paper orders and direct calls from brokers, and they were talking about it on CNBC, anyone remember) and this wasn't mentioned in relation to the terror threat.(does anyone see a connection). Then we have a big selloff at the close and many CEO's are dumping huge chunks of shares. Has me wondering. I dont see any indications in the futures right now, but I'm sure there is a lot of speculation going on right now to what is going on.

#19     Nov 30, 2006
  10. Down 200 Friday? You probably can't see but I'm making the stroking motion over here :eek:

#20     Nov 30, 2006