Futures Going To Get Killed Tonight!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Nov 30, 2006.

1. could sell off 200 points tomorrow:)

2. 2006

Any reason for the selloff?

3. DECEMBER 1ST.....and about 10 other ones.

4. nikwest

nikwest

what are you talking about?

5. doublea

doublea

200 DOW points or SP? Hope it's not SP, I'll lose a lot of money. If it's DOW that's almost 2% move, it would suck but nothing to write home about.

6. just21

just21

Only the directly connected will be selling or buying.

U.S. warns of possible Qaeda financial cyber attack
    Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:33pm ET19
    advertisement

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government has warned U.S. private financial services of an al Qaeda call for a cyber attack against U.S. online stock trading and banking Web sites beginning Friday, officials said on Thursday.

The officials -- a person familiar with the warning and a spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security -- said the Islamic militant group aimed to penetrate and destroy the databases of the U.S. stock market and banking Web sites.

Homeland Security said it had no evidence to corroborate the threat but had issued the warning out of an "abundance of caution". The department said in a statement that the threat was for all of December.

"There is no information to corroborate this aspirational threat. As a routine matter and out of an abundance of caution, US-CERT issued the situational awareness report to industry stakeholders," said Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke.

US-CERT is the U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team. The U.S. government said the threat was to avenge the holding of suspected terrorists at the U.S. prison in Guantanamo.

7. bulls make money, bears make money, but pigs gets slaughtered.

They have been setting this up all week----final handoff to bagholder longs---greedy pigs--naive chasers--whatever your favorite phrase.

8. S2007S

S2007S

A 200 point drop would be good for the bears but I dont think its happening.

9. Monday - the same day as the selloff - was the last day that would give you a settlement date of November for stocks. Many mutual funds were raising cash for their mandatory year-end distributions.

I agree that the market is vulnerable here but I have doubts that 12/1 is a key bearish calendar date. I think we already had that on 11/27.

10. S2007S

S2007S

there will be more days like 11/27.

#10     Nov 30, 2006