Futures/Forex brokers offering FIX.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Craig66, Feb 8, 2010.

1. pwa2

pwa2

Craig66

Sorry to hear FIX is being a pain.

What sort of problems are you experiencing?

What FIX engine are you using?

Did the broker/ISV provide a test environment or perhaps you used a third party one - I take it you had no issues from testing and the problems are only coming up in the live one?

#11     Feb 9, 2010
  2. Craig66

Craig66

No response from their gateway for order placement, one is unable to determine the state of the order.

My own.

A test environment was provided, the same problem arose, I was assured it didn't exist on live. But unfortunately it occurs with alarming frequency.

#12     Feb 9, 2010
  3. Don't forget Oanda is a market maker. They are not to happy about some types of trading...

Have you looked into Fortex or Integral?:

http://www.fortex.com/
    http://www.integral.com/

Otherwise your best option regarding FX is probably to hook up with one of the various Currenex brokers. Bear in mind though that it's a bit of a jungle to figure out what you actually get. And some brokers require you to open an account of substantial minimum size...

#13     Feb 10, 2010
  4. Craig66

Craig66

Thanks for that, a brief look seems to imply that both Fortex and Integral run some sort of (in one case ActiveX based) client, I was hoping to avoid having to run any client software on my server (just one more thing to go wrong). But at the rate things are going with my current broker I may have to reconsider my parameters.

#14     Feb 10, 2010
  5. Craig66

Craig66

Ok, to change tack a little bit, does anybody here use the IB CTCI FIX gateway?

#15     Feb 10, 2010
  6. #16     Feb 10, 2010
  7. Craig66

Craig66

...and how reliable did you find it to be?

#17     Feb 10, 2010
  8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

stay away from pats - someone mentioned it a few posts back.

pats is a crock of shit. we lost quite a bit in the office using that due to bugs and orders firing off when they shouldnt.

sorry, but its true.

#18     Feb 10, 2010
  9. It was okay, I had a few peculiar problems but those were ironed out over time. I haven't used it for a couple of years now, so take that with a grain of salt.

#19     Feb 10, 2010
  10. Craig66

Craig66

Did you have to do the daily logout/login like you have to do with TWS?

#20     Feb 10, 2010