Futures Firms with free Charts

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by tryagain, Dec 12, 2007.

1. tryagain

tryagain

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if there is a reliable stable Futures Firm out there that offers free charts.
    I want to trade the YM a few times a day.

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

2. HIGHLY recommend you take a look at Open ECry for your situation. Free charting/platform that is very robust. I normally cringe at hearing free, but this platform is better than what I was paying $500/mo for. OEC is also competitive with commissions as well.

Good place to start.

http://www.openecry.com/

3. I can second that ...OEC are very good.
    Low expenses , stable platform , reasonably quick execution and simple to use.

4. rogcas

rogcas

they are not bad

check out the free platform on www.sucden-smart.co.uk - good charting package - not quite CQG, but for free it's the nuts ;)

5. dmcw

dmcw Global Futures

You might want to look at Strategy Runner Lite also. This is a platform that has live charts incorporated. If you like it we can factor the cost of the platform into your commission so you won't have to worry about paying a monthly fee. Our rates are competitive. We offer $500 day trading margins on the mini DOW.

If you'd like to try a free live demo, please send me an email or give me a call. You may as well explore your options and see what's available.

6. rogcas

rogcas

can you trade off the charts?

They are offering this platform to me free - good rates etc- just have to pay exchange fees to view live futures - interested more in the liffe markets for FTSE index futures and AEX (v interesting market) as well as some softs - wheat and sugar at the mo in the main - v interesting markets. - what rates you offer on this?

Got 50k (sterling - don't like dollars at the mo!) to play with - the only prob with this SMART platform is that it does not offer options (although is on its way apparently - wnat to be able to buy some sugar options, with the low vol) - not sure i want to wait though.. think there will be a sweet breakout and want to joining the wheat herd- think it is on for a good bull run for a while

7. dmcw

dmcw Global Futures

Yes, you can trade directly from the chart with Strategy Runner. You wouldn't need to pay exchange fees to view live futures quotes/charts. No problem on the FTSE...the AEX index, I'm going to have to inverstigate and find out if this is available on Strategy Runner, or can be made availble. Wheat and Sugar would certainly be availbale to trade on Strategy Runner.

However, Strategy Runner does not have a feature to trade options. We would have to find a second platform for you, or you could phone-in your option orders which a lot of our clients do; especially for pit-traded options. Our order desk can get a live bid/ask quote for you and help you calculate the premium, etc.

I can't get into specific quotes with you here. We do not post our rates, but I'll do the best I can to earn your business.

If you are new to trading futures I'd also like to take some time and talk to you about the risks of trading futures, the dangers of leverage, and make sure this is suitable for you.

Please give me a call or email and I'll do my best to assist you in any way I can. My hours are from 6 am to 2:30 pm Pacific Time.

Hope to hear from you.

8. rogcas

rogcas

quite aware of the risks etc thanks - would like one platform for all however preferably - sucden are options traders, but just do it over the phone at the moment for private clients- which is fine for equities, which they ring market makers for 'price improvements' which sounds interestingas liquitidity is not 100% brilliant but if trading commodity futures and options need to do it on the same account, to use in conjunction with each other is neccessary

will look into your website

9. Drew07

Drew07

atcbrokers.com they introduce for openecry. Basically the same thing. I believe their initial minimum deposit is 2500 , OEC's is higher. 577 654 8400 is their phone number. Ask for Robert.

10. rogcas

rogcas

heard some bad stuff about them from a friend - some sort of probe in progress:confused:

#10     Dec 12, 2007