futures falling extremely hard

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Oct 8, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

In the last 20 mine futures have fallen so hard that tomorrows open is going to look like today 4pm closing. I think it has to do with carry trade unwinding.

2. gangof4

gangof4

this is why i say cnbc asia/euro and bloomberg tv are mostly worthless. they don't depart from script EVER- haven't even mentioned it. Japan is halted (don't know if it's just ib- assuming a circuit breaker oe something.

geesh, i'm gonna have to spring for a bloomberg terminal...

edit: uph... looks like it's just POS interactive brokers. geesh, i need a REAL broker.

3. Must be the Asian/ Aus/NZ markets factor. Wed. should be very interesting ... to watch. There is no way I am trading anything but 1 - 3 cars max.

4. S2007S

S2007S

exactly..

It finally crossed around 1:30am.

This is significant.

Tomorrow could be a repeat of 1987...

The fed has to say something immedietly.

5. where do you see the open???????????????
    9100 on the dow seems a very signifigant level-last two market drops lost 34% from peak
    dow was at 14k-------- 9100 is 34% down
    only thing is it took 2 years to get there last time this time its a very rapid decline similar to 1929-if so
    where is the oversold level around????????????????

6. The Fed pumped in a trillion dollars the other day and has agreed to buy endless commercial paper. Plus last time bernanke spoke, the market tanked :p

7. S2007S

S2007S

Amazing how the drops are always faster than the move ups.

Dow futures down 220

S and p down 23

NASDAQ down 27.50

8. this is getting uglier by the minute. I can't believe Bernanke isn't printing and giving free cash to the banks by now. America should be at defcon 1 with this shit. Hide the women and children!

rt

9. S2007S

S2007S

Does anyone think bernanke is even sleeping or is he tuned into bloomberg watching the futures fall as if tomorrow might be 1987 all over again.

10. gangof4

gangof4

yeah, fed seems out of bullets. well, short of declaring a national blow job day: prove you only went long stocks at the end of the day and get a blow job. give those girls at scores something to do during this slow time...

#10     Oct 8, 2008